Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright I want to buy a used coupe gt but there area couple of problems first the nearest dealer is like 275 mile away also how often does the car need to be taken to a dealer and finally if i do get it hopefully I know I'll soon want to mod it and was wondering wats all out there and how much will it cost?
Allright thanks before hand and please let me know what I'm getting myself into:D

·
Registered
681 Posts
Only for scheduled maintenance and clutch changes, the chances of something else going wrong are minimal, very solid cars.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Used Coupe GT

My name is Ron Avery this is my first post.

I bought a 2003 Coupe GT in july of this year. It had 14,000 miles on it,and is still under warranty until May of of 2007. The car is great, it is scary fast. Finding a coupe with the 6 speed manual is not easy. However after the dealer and other owners telling about clutch replacements every 7-8000 miles.
It is a no brainer for me. All of my other cars are sticks any way. And unless you are dong some track driving,the stick is far better I think. The dealer that I work with is Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills CA. Thet are great,however Maserati's custumer service is not Lexus. I came out of an eight year ownership with a Ferrari 1984 308. Granted it was not a new car. It was however a very low miles 100 point show car. My dad had a new 308 in 1982. And I have had friends with new Ferrai's over the years. They have a differnet take on customer service than most other car companies. I had to fight with Maserati to have a few items taken care of because I was not the first owner, I was made to feel less imprtant. Now I guess what I am saying is,try and find a used car still under warranty and have it check out. And above all have a good relationship with your local dealer it can make all of the difference,as they can fight for you to get things taken care of by Maserati.:)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts