Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving BMWs for the last several years and am looking to purchase an '05 Cambiocorsa. It has a bit over 20k miles and one owner from the local area. I found very little on the web on this car. I have warranty through May of next year. Can anyone tell me what I might expect as far as the most likely servicing (oil changes, etc.) and repairs? Typical costs? Will purchase today so fast responses would be appreciated. Thanks!:)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have been driving BMWs for the last several years and am looking to purchase an '05 Cambiocorsa. It has a bit over 20k miles and one owner from the local area. I found very little on the web on this car. I have warranty through May of next year. Can anyone tell me what I might expect as far as the most likely servicing (oil changes, etc.) and repairs? Typical costs? Will purchase today so fast responses would be appreciated. Thanks!:)
Just do a search here on the forum... There are thousands of threads that answer those questions.. If you want to drive a real car, buy a Maserati, you'll never go back!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
With 20k miles the clutch should have been changed at least once. Check that becuse it's a $5-6k job.

Oil changes at the dealer will cost you around $300 and full service (fluids, filters and etc) around $1,600. But those are dealer prices, you don't have to use them for that. Actually, you're going to find out that a good mechanic can do most the work in your car for a fraction of the price of the dealers.

But clutch has to be done by the dealer due to specific equipment used to adjust it, so make sure you check how much you have left. By the way, if the reader shows 50% clutch left, it means it's almost time to be replaced...

Good luck!

PS- Clutch is not covered by warranty.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Agree with Niteroi - definitely check the clutch. I would imagine that it was either replaced a few thousand miles ago or needs one now. Figure around 4K plus to have it done at a dealer so, you may want to use this as a negotiating point.

As far as fluid maintenance. I galls me to pay $300 - $400 to change oil so, I tried it for myself and it's not that bad. There is a DIY thread on this board for step by step. Be sure to find it because it's a lot different than changing oil in your bimmers.

And oh yea....you're going to absolutely love this car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info so far

I've requested a copy of service records from the dealership on the clutch. If it wasn't serviced there, how would I check the life of the clutch on the car? Sounds like there's some sort of reading on the instrument panel???

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
If you can't find the service records, you can have the dealer connect up their SD3 unit (diagnostic computer) to read how much clutch life has been used up. For example, I had a clutch replaced this summer and afterward, had the car in for service to tune-up the clutch after putting about 1200 miles on it. At that time, the computer was able to read that I'd used about 8% of the clutch plate material.

·
Registered
695 Posts
You need the service records. Otherwise you have to assume that the following is due:

18K service plus complete fluid change: $2K to $2500
New clutch and associated parts: $4.5K

An '05 will have had all the latest production updates, and the remaining warranty should cover any of the small items the owner didn't have done or ignored. So you are golden on picking a good model year.

BTW, the Maser is my weekend car, BMWs are my daily driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts