Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was at Ferrari/Maseratti of DC looking at a 2005 GS black with 5600miles on it.. They wanted $80K for it.

I originally came in for a QP but GS got my attention in as well.

I know if comparing apples and oranges, but any suggestion on long term value and cost of maintanance.

If comparing a 05GS with 05 QP with in a similar price range.

thanks.

And is 80K for a 05 GS a good deal?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i think it is difficult to speculate the long term value of a 2005 GS vs a 2005 QP.
there are certainly less number of GS (150) vs QP (1500) in the US, if i remember correctly. however, there are more number of previous years coupe/spyder as well. the GS is close to its replacement time, whereas QP is quite new.

the QP and GS are very different cars. They are both equally good. Both styled gorgeously. Drives and handles differently. Just decide whether you want four door or two.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks M,

I agree with you. I am actually trading my X5 4.8is and coming from a 745 and a 911, i wanted the best of both worlds.

I think QP makes a lot more sense, but driving a GS made me think again...

In terms of price is 05 GS with 5600miles for 80,000 a good deal?

I can;t seem to find prices...

thanks again.

And could i find a QP around that price?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Depending on the equipment level, I would say 80K for 05 GS is a fair value. I hope this is before discount.

Nodoby can help you to choose between a 2-dr coupe or 4-dr sedan, they are both nice cars, you have to make up your mind first. Neither car is cheap to run and depreciates fast than other German cars.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
dchao said:
Depending on the equipment level, I would say 80K for 05 GS is a fair value. I hope this is before discount.

Nodoby can help you to choose between a 2-dr coupe or 4-dr sedan, they are both nice cars, you have to make up your mind first. Neither car is cheap to run and depreciates fast than other German cars.
i hate to hear over and over that maserati "depreciates fast than other German cars."

the fact is, the said 05 GS *has* already depreciated the bulk ($11x k->$80k) of its depreciation (like most other cars, german included) in the first year.

simon78 will be looking at depreciation more like:
05 GS from $80k, down to current 02 coupes' $50k or so in the next 3 years.

german cars? like Porsche? BMW?
i see 05 Carrera S around $80k as well, and 02 Carrera around $45-50k.
i see 06 M5 at $80k as well, and 02 M5 around $4x k or so.

(reference autotrader) give or take a few thou.

i don't see the said GS will depreciate any faster than german cars in this particular discussion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info.

You are right about depriciation, but i guess if you can't calculate the smile you get after driving a GS compare to a BMW or 911 ..

I had a 911 C2S with X50 package and GS feels faster and more like a daily car ..

Back to real number, 80 for the GS was after discount. They are giving my X5 a fair price compare to other places.

BTW, it is true that in 07 GS will get a facelift? If so that will hit harder on the current model...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Guys...

Honestly, forget about depriciation... i mean yes the porsche might depricate less... but probably just slightly... in HK, Porsches are EVERYWHERE!!

I drove the GS over and over during the weekend... i love the power and actually I love the paddles. I dont know how bad my learning curve is affecting my clutch... but again, screw that... enjoy it while u can!

as for the Porsche, she is a beauty... one of a handful cars that looks good topless! she was gorgeous on sat when i drove her to the clubhouse for a swim...

so guys, I bet you all work hard to make sure u can afford toys like this... so why worry so much... chill and enjoy it while u can... life's too short. :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wife and I looked at that exact car! We ended up with the grey GS and love it.
I think 80k is a good value. We paid roughly that for ours. In that price range what's a couple of dollars anyway?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sounds like a fair "asking" price. They should be willing to come down a few thousand, though, if that's important to you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was at the dealer again yesterday.

He have me the car and told me to take it for few hours ..

So i did, sat on the traffic, went home and did some of my daily stuff...

And i must say .. i think i might go with a QP. Love the GS, the sounds and so on .. but as a daily car .. not so sure. Is definilty better than 997.

I know this is stupid, but no cupholder??

So, lI was ooking around, i think the owner of the dealership has a 05 QP with tubi, ECU and lowered. with 9000 miles on it. We gave him an offer, hope he takes it...

I will keep you posted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts