Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I am in the market for a 2007-2008 QP and wanted to know the real difference between a 07 GT and a 08 GTS? Other than the price difference obviously ;)

The GTS has approx 50,000kms and seems to be in very good condition, I have never owned a Maserati so I'm not sure what to look for on these cars when I go to check them out next week.

What are the main questions to ask in regard to mechanical history? I understand a ZF transmission is a must, which both cars have but would love to know what else to look for in these cars.

Thanks in advance and I will research the forum today to learn more.

·
Registered
557 Posts
The GTS car's interiors usually have a mixture of leather, alcantara, and carbon fiber, they also have fixed suspension, not the usual skyhook adjustable suspension, along with bigger front brakes. Not sure what other differences there are between the QP Sport-GT and the QP GTS. There is a lot of information on the net....I recommend you do a search for specs, reviews, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is differences if it helps.

My 2008 Masr GTS for reference.

The Quattroporte Sport GT variant offered several performance upgrades: a re-configured transmission providing faster gearshifts and a firmer Skyhook suspension system; courtesy of new software calibrations, seven-spoke 20 inch wheels with low-profile tyres, cross-drilled brake rotors and braided brake lines. Model-specific exterior trim included dark mesh front and side grilles and red accents to the Trident badges, as on vintage racing Maserati models. Inside, there were aluminium pedals, a sport steering wheel and carbon fibre in place of the standard wood inserts.
A new 6-speed ZF-supplied automatic transmission was presented at the Detroit Motor Show in January, 2007, with the first cars delivered right after the launch, marketed as Maserati Quattroporte Automatica.[50] As all the three trim levels were offered in both DuoSelect and Automatica versions, the lineup grew to six models.

The Quattroporte Sport GT S was introduced at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2007. Taking further the Sport GT's focus on handling, this version employed Bilstein single-rate dampers in place of the Skyhook adaptive system. Other changes from the Sport GT were a lowered ride height and 10 mm wider 295/30 rear tyres, front Brembo iron/aluminium dual-cast brake rotors and red-painted six piston callipers. The cabin was upholstered in mixed Alcantara and leather, with carbon fibre accents; on the exterior, the door handles were painted in body colour, while the exterior trim, the 20 inch wheels and the exhaust pipes were finished in a "dark chrome" shade.[51]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts