Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of V3's installed, and am wondering if anyone remembers the damping settings that they ended up with as optimal? I know everyone has different preferences and needs. I have put a few miles on the new setup now, and have some ideas about what I want to change, but I'm mainly curious what others have done.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So nobody is running KWs on their car? Anyone have the FD coil overs? Those are basically the same, but I don't know if the springs and valving are exactly the same.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i'd venture to say your idea of optimal and someone else's can be quite different. it'll all come down to the roads the car is driven on and driver preference. they ought to be fairly accessible for adjustment if i recall the location of the rear tops.
when i had coilovers on a wrx, it was something i meddled with weekly until i found a sweet spot.
caveat: there was no sweet spot. what worked some days on some roads, didn't on other days on other roads.
the adjust-ability of coilovers was cool, but the next car i had i went with springs and matched shocks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts