Maserati Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
7,618 Posts
I think I would take it to a shop at this point or start taking it back apart and checking for a defective alternator or if a wire etc. is broken on the small plug going to the alternator...There is no magic relay, fuse etc. that is gonna fix this at this point...Jason

·
Registered
2007 Quatraporte GT
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I think I would take it to a shop at this point or start taking it back apart and checking for a defective alternator or if a wire etc. is broken on the small plug going to the alternator...There is no magic relay, fuse etc. that is gonna fix this at this point...Jason
[/QUOTE
Just a thought and one more question does the ECM CONTROL THE ALTERNATOR OR IS IT INTERNALLY REGULATED?

7,618 Posts
Why am I thinking Suzanne isn't a girl? You seem to know a lot about cars for a women... No offense.. You know about different types of charging system types etc...Seems weird.. I'm kinda thinking Suzanne is an image grabbed from the internet or something..Regardless, the BCM is controlling alternator output on these cars...Good stuff... :unsure: Jason

·
Registered
2007 Quatraporte GT
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Why am I thinking Suzanne isn't a girl? You seem to know a lot about cars for a women... No offense.. You know about different types of charging system types etc...Seems weird.. I'm kinda thinking Suzanne is an image grabbed from the internet or something..Regardless, the BCM is controlling alternator output on these cars...Good stuff... :unsure: Jason
Hey I’m offended now, of course I am a woman!
just because I’m a female doesn’t mean I’m a dumb dumb!
Anyways did you mean BCM OR ECM?

7,618 Posts
Oh dang... :rolleyes: I'm at home and on my day off...I don't have access to all that from laptop at home...Here is where to find your diagram..It is paid subscription, but will give you all you need to fix your issue...Good luck on your repair..Jason

·
Registered
2007 Quatraporte GT
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well sorry to have put you out, I wasn’t really expecting you to bother with my silly requests on a weekend, so I’ll just say thank you for all of the sound advise and let you know I’m grateful to be a part of this Maserati Familia.
Sincerely,

Suzanne M.

·
Registered
2007 Quatraporte GT
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
You can get it all at MIE at maseratinet.com. Just ask for the electrical manual. The shop manual and parts list are also useful. Maserati electrical connectors oxidize, so you may need to clean them and then use conductive gel.

Ted
Well thanks for sticking up for me and the great info you’re awesome

7,618 Posts
No one was picking at you in the least..I tried to help you several times so I have no idea what you are talking about..I'm sorry I even wasted my time...Good luck..Jason

7,618 Posts
More good tips from Ted the great...He also says you need to be taught in Italy to fix an Italian car and Americans can't fix a Mazda...Looks like that website doesn't even cover a M139 car...

·
Registered
2007 Quatraporte GT
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Jason I never once said anyone was picking on me even when you suggested I wasn’t a woman because I knew too much about automobiles. And I was and am still grateful for the time you spent trying to assist me with this problem.

·
Registered
2007 Quatraporte GT
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Jason I never once said anyone was picking on me even when you suggested I wasn’t a woman because I knew too much about automobiles. And I was and am still grateful for the time you spent trying to assist me with this problem.
And I took out all fuses to check them one by one again just in case I missed something and somehow activated the Engine immobilizer now damn thing won’t even start.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts