Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i am currently driving a 2008 twin turbo c6 corvette, with about 700 rwhp, and am considering trading it in for a new gran turismo S, but am not sure if i will ever be satisfied with the power it has.

my question is, what is everyone doing to these cars performance wise? is it even possible to make this car quicker then it comes?

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
402 Posts
If youre driving a 700hp vette now, and looking to get the GT-S up there, this probably isnt the best car for you. Its more of a sport luxury blend, not a full on sports car. Since its so new, and limited production, there are not a lot of mods out there, if any, yet.

·
Registered
439 Posts
If it's any consolation, I am leaving from a 625 rwhp E46 M3, and just bought an 06 Maserati GranSport coupe.
Having said that, it's just not about 0-60,60-130, and 1/4 mile times for me anymore.
I think I'll be just fine when my car arrives... :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think it depends on what you want the car for. The GT-S is about looks and street performance, it is not a track car.

The kind of horsepower you have now would be great for the track. If you are looking for a track car, I definitely would look for something else.

That being said, one of the best cars I have driven on a track (the Ferrari test track at Mt. Tremblant) was the Porsche Caymen S, not because of its horsepower, but because of its balance in the turns.

If you want a car you can mod and use for the track, my choice would be a GT 3.

·
Registered
97 Posts
GT-S a different car...

hey guys, i am currently driving a 2008 twin turbo c6 corvette, with about 700 rwhp, and am considering trading it in for a new gran turismo S, but am not sure if i will ever be satisfied with the power it has.

my question is, what is everyone doing to these cars performance wise? is it even possible to make this car quicker then it comes?

thanks for the help!
I have a 997 Turbo with mods 600+ HP.
Very different. Still prefer the GT-S so far.
Personal preference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the help. i understand the two cars are very different, and by all means i am not trying to make a maserati have 700 hp, but as im sure people have said before, it would be nice if it had maybe, 100 more hp.

are there any mods such as, a tune? better exhaust? better flowing intake, ect. Just to give it a little more kick.

i am really considering the GTS bc of the other aspects that the corvette does not have.

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
402 Posts
thanks for all the help. i understand the two cars are very different, and by all means i am not trying to make a maserati have 700 hp, but as im sure people have said before, it would be nice if it had maybe, 100 more hp.

are there any mods such as, a tune? better exhaust? better flowing intake, ect. Just to give it a little more kick.

i am really considering the GTS bc of the other aspects that the corvette does not have.

thanks for the help.
Nothing current yet for the GT-S...ive had my eyes open since last fall. Novitec is suppose to have something in the works, but they wont tell me what they have going. FormulaDynamics may have something in the works too...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts