Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a GLUE or a convertible top flap, passenger side behind the door at the top where the top folds down and covers the inside top gears etc. 2004 Spyder any thoughts. I had Lorenzo's straps installed , they work,but the flap was broken by the mechanic. Gorilla glue won't work, any ideas for either?

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you have the photo on your desktop you can right-click copy, right-click paste into the text box. Or you can drag it into the text box (y)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I can't see exactly what it is sticking to, but I'd suggest a vinyl or flooring adhesive. In Australia they're available at any hardware, probably similar in most places. Read the instructions, but in general you apply them to both surfaces and let it go tacky before joining the parts. Because your part is rigid you'll probably want to get some spring clamps to hold it down evenly to whatever you're attaching it to.

If that fails, then you would need to try something thicker to fill in the gaps like a Silicone Adhesive. Again, at any hardware and read the labels. There will be adhesives made for high temperature and automotive sealing and since they're a silicone you can put them on quite thick in areas where you're struggling to make contact. Again, read the label but you usually let these go tacky before joining both sides.

When gluing things always start from the least aggressive to the most aggressive, if you ever mess up or need to change something in the future - using a very aggressive glue to begin with will make things more difficult.

Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts