Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

While writing my other recent post about trying to find a set of GS wheels for my father for his birthday Maserati makeover... hey maybe I should make it a tv show on TLC?, Extreme Maserati Makeover!

Ok tangent over. Basically the problem I am having, is that my father's spyder has a navigation system, but the shady used exotic dealer we bought it from had lost the California NAV dvd. We have all of the other DVDs for the rest of the United States, but not for California, or the San Francisco Bay Area in particular, that we need. Which brings me to ask

Does anyone else, in another part of the country, need one of OUR dvds and have one WE need?

Or, do you have all the dvds you need, and dont really need a California DVD. If so, I will totally buy it off of you for good money.

Now in the other thread I offered fresh from scratch cookies to anyone who helped me out and had what I am looking for. In this thread however, I will offer fresh, from scratch, fudge. Thats right, fudge. My Gradmother recently died a few months ago, and left behind her secret fudge formula that she swore she would never give up untill her own death. Now that she is no longer blessing us with her presence, her awesomeness lives on through her fudge.

Now thats some serious fudge.

Anyone willing to help me out, will get money, and fudge. I get a California DVD, and a happy father.

How cool is that?

With much automotive love
-Colleen

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
You should be able to get the Nav updated at the dealer. Try either FM of San Francisco or Silicon Valley.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andrew said:
You should be able to get the Nav updated at the dealer. Try either FM of San Francisco or Silicon Valley.
When you mean updated, they will load the local information directly into the nav unit itself, thus not needing the dvd?

·
Registered
191 Posts
ej25goddess said:
When you mean updated, they will load the local information directly into the nav unit itself, thus not needing the dvd?
No, he means you could buy the Navigation CD off of the dealer. I don't remember how much it is; I believe someone a while back asked the same question and may have found out, STFA.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
F. Yu said:
No, he means you could buy the Navigation CD off of the dealer. I don't remember how much it is; I believe someone a while back asked the same question and may have found out, STFA.
The dealer told my father, so take this second hand information with a grain of salt, that you can only buy them in a full set.

squid said:
I can make you a copy, pm me your address.
Done, and you are my awesome person of the day.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Squid,

please let us live through you and expand upon your experience with this highly guarded fudge!
:)

oh and my dealer quoted me $800.00 for the set which they could not sell me a single Vegas CD newer than the 2003 version I have. Then again I did not have fudge to offer.

Robb

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Robb373 said:
Squid,

please let us live through you and expand upon your experience with this highly guarded fudge!

oh and my dealer quoted me $800.00 for the set which they could not sell me a single Vegas CD newer than the 2003 version I have. Then again I did not have fudge to offer.

Robb
My father had the same exeprience with the stealership as you did.

As for the fudge... words cannot describe.

Back in the day, when I moved into the my dorm room in my freshman year of college, my grandmother baked me some going away fudge. Rather than scarfing it down myself, I distributed it amongst my new dorms mates as a way of introducing myself. Needless to say, I was quite popular, although my grandmother was the true power behind the fudge. Behind every great fudge slinger... is a great fudge cook.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Robb373 said:
Squid,

Robb
If you call Navtech directly. The whole set will cost you about $200. But the last time I call, the 2003 cds is the newest they have for coupe/spider.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pganmol said:
If you call Navtech directly. The whole set will cost you about $200. But the last time I call, the 2003 cds is the newest they have for coupe/spider.
Lucky for me, the car is a 2003. Are these CDs or DVDs?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
ej25goddess said:
Lucky for me, the car is a 2003. Are these CDs or DVDs?
The problem with the older DVDs is the maps haven't been updated since 2003. In major merto areas this isn't much of a problem. But living where I do, I wouldn't be able to find my way home!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
squid said:
I wasn't aware there was fudge involved! Here I thought I was doing it for karma...
Well as soon as I recover a little bit more form a nasty oral surgery I had to have just recently, you are so getting fudge in the mail. PM me your address.

BeeYouZeeZee said:
The problem with the older DVDs is the maps haven't been updated since 2003. In major merto areas this isn't much of a problem. But living where I do, I wouldn't be able to find my way home!
Lucky for us, we live in urban areas, and not much has changed as far as the roads go since 2003, but thats great advice to have. If we plan on venturing out to newly devloped areas, I should get an updated map from the tubes of the internet. ^-^.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
squid said:
thanks for the offer but it's not necessary :)
Aww, alright. But thanks a bajillion! Its downloading now, and when it works, it saves my father $800. Therefore, you rule, and I avoid hearing the speach about wearing different clothes and not dying my hair neon colors for another week. Feel free to call in a similar favor, any time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts