Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost an ebay auction for an '04 coupe with only 3000 miles, it sold for only 60k because someone called them up directly and sent them a deposit so they ended it! I am pissed. Does anyone know of someone who is
selling an '04 coupe?

Thanks,
Zearnold

·
Registered
4 Posts
It sounds unethical to end an auction early like that, not to mention self defeating. Perhaps it was a dealership that sold the car through "normal" channels, even if the purchaser learned of the car through ebay.

That being said, there are a number of places to shop for coupes. Try
thecarexperience.com (they have 6 2004 coupes), or www.drautos.com
(they have 8).

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
"We reserve the right to end this auction at any time and we shall not be held liable for any such cancellation and or closure."

that's unfortunate you lost on an auction item that you are ready to pay for.
it is not uncommon that the dealers will try to get rid of it locally, or take a trade in (even more profit). or, they just want to bypass the ebay fees.

·
Registered
191 Posts
the eBay fees are minimal for car dealers, I think they are like $50 or $60. my dealer, who sold me the car after the eBay auction was over (it didn't meet reserve), had me click "buy-it-now" on the new auction he had set up prior to me being able to see the car and agree on its purchase, even though I wasn't paying the buy-it-now price. he was willing to pay the extra $50 just so I could enter in feedback for him.

·
Registered
681 Posts
90% of the time when you're selling an exotic on ebay, the buyer is a deadbeat.

Most dealers don't actually depend on ebay to sell the car, they use it as an advertising tool to get people to call. If you're really serious about buying the car, call the dealer and make them an offer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts