Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the dealer today to check out a new 08 QP Sport GT S, fantastic car with a reduced price tag...

so i am wondering any QP Sport GT S out here can give me a feedback of the car???any pros and cons??? thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've had mine since May and am completely in love with it. People will tell you all day long that other sedans are faster, better value, better built etc.. blah blah blah it's all bs. Until they actually drive the car they have no idea how balanced and fun it is.

There have been no issues with mine to date and I drive it every day.

Pros:
HANDLING!
Amazing seats / Steering wheel
Breaking
Rear seat space / recline feature
Servicing costs avg or below most cars in the price range
Lowered ride height looks amazing

Cons:
Weak stereo (but who needs it with that V8)
Archaic and slow navigation
Rattles in the cabin on occasion (hand built car)

It's an amazing car. If you respect it and drive it regularly there is no reason to get anything else.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had mine since May and am completely in love with it. People will tell you all day long that other sedans are faster, better value, better built etc.. blah blah blah it's all bs. Until they actually drive the car they have no idea how balanced and fun it is.

There have been no issues with mine to date and I drive it every day.

Pros:
HANDLING!
Amazing seats / Steering wheel
Breaking
Rear seat space / recline feature
Servicing costs avg or below most cars in the price range
Lowered ride height looks amazing

Cons:
Weak stereo (but who needs it with that V8)
Archaic and slow navigation
Rattles in the cabin on occasion (hand built car)

It's an amazing car. If you respect it and drive it regularly there is no reason to get anything else.
sounds great, thanks for the feedback.

i also want to know how you like the automatic gear box????? when downshifting and upshifting..etc...

·
Registered
32 Posts
i also want to know how you like the automatic gear box????? when downshifting and upshifting..etc...
The ZF auto box is smoother than any automatic I've driven in recent memory and honestly puts the 7 speed auto in my S550 to shame. I live in a very urban area so unfortunately the duo-select was not a consideration for me at the time of purchase. If you have not driven a 2007 Sport GT with the duo-select I would encourage you to do so as it is noticeably more aggressive than the full auto and may be better suited to your driving style.

I drive my car in sport, manual mode 80-90% of the time. The sound above 4500 rpms is music. Shift times are very quick... I mean really really quick, and the manual mode is much more intuitive than in "auto manual" modes in similar cars. I haven't found myself punching the steering wheel in frustration due to unnecessary down / up shifts like I did while test driving a 2008 Audi S8.

Like I said before, this car is all about balance and that is a rare find for a big sedan. It lets you drive like a maniac all day long and allows you to smoothly and stylishly take 3 people to dinner at night (tip your valet and take your keys). ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Went to the dealer today to check out a new 08 QP Sport GT S, fantastic car with a reduced price tag...

so i am wondering any QP Sport GT S out here can give me a feedback of the car???any pros and cons??? thanks.
I have a 07 Sport GT and after 15K miles it is still the best car I have owned. It's fast, the ZF tranny is awesome and it turns heads everywhere it goes. If you can afford it, this fan says you will love it too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts