Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here installed an aftermarket set of shift paddles for their GranSport / 4200? I'm looking for a Carbon set.

I really like the set in the MC Victory, but dealer wants nearly $2.5K for them!

This is all I've found so far: http://www.ferraricarbon.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=72

They tell me they are shaped/modeled after MC Victory, so both left and right paddles extend upwards and downwards (as opposted to the type in the 360 Challenge Stradale in which only the right/up-shift paddle is extended).

What else is out there? I've found a few shops that will make them out of aluminum or titanium, but I don't think they will look good next to the carbon steering wheel?

Anyone driven with a longer set? Do they get in the way of the signal and/or wiper functions?

Any advice is appreciated!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
nice find. i think the mc victory ones are longer and shaped differently?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Great find! Nothing really wrong with stock, but adding more CF to the cabin is always nice and functionally having them a little longer can be handy in corners.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes but 500$ is a great deal of money IMO!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!

I'm totally in on this...

Ali, consider me committed if you get a deal done.

Thanks,

T

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bring cost down

I agree. As part of my research, I'm finding out that these carbon fiber (CF) guys don't typically stock a lot of their CF items. Most cater to the Ferrari market, so if they do stock parts, they typically are for Ferrari.

So when a Maser guy comes along, they have to make 1 or 2 pieces, not really economical for them. However, a group buy would change this.

I'm not 'commited' yet, but I'd STRONGLY consider especially if we can get a discount.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You can also get then from the trofeo part list.. my only dissapointment with the car was the fact the paddles don't rotate with the wheel so when in corners you have to take one hand off the wheel to grab the next gear or down shift.. keep us posted on a group buy price :)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
isn't shifting in the corners dangerous? It would be more ergo if they did rotate with the steering wheel.

·
Registered
133 Posts
shifting in corners dangerous? there's plenty of times I'd like to be able to shift while turned enough to be beyond the paddles.

yeah shame they aren't on the wheel - can see why they've done it though.. stops joe public getting confused then they are upside down on lock & pulling the wrong one lol

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
shifting in corners dangerous? there's plenty of times I'd like to be able to shift while turned enough to be beyond the paddles.

yeah shame they aren't on the wheel - can see why they've done it though.. stops joe public getting confused then they are upside down on lock & pulling the wrong one lol
For track driving, I was told by an instructor to never let up on the gas or shift in the corners as it upsets the balance of the car and can put you into a spin....actually happened to me once but, I was able to pull it out....For everyday driving however, it would be nice to have them rotate but, as you say, I'd be the idiot that shifted the wrong direction - could get confusing! ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Never shift in the middle of a corner, have car setup on entry, hit apex and apply power.

Try changing in a 911 for example and things will get hairy:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts