Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We should get our first rain in N. CA within a couple of months, so I need to get a set of winter mats for the Sypder.

I've seen the Lloyds rubber mats (flat with cup-shaped depressions). Has anyone bought these and used them in the rain? Do they get slick underfoot or shift around in the footwell?

I was thinking of ordering either a set of the rubber mats, or some regular carpet "ultimats" to get me through the rainy season.

·
Registered
329 Posts
We should get our first rain in N. CA within a couple of months, so I need to get a set of winter mats for the Sypder.

I've seen the Lloyds rubber mats (flat with cup-shaped depressions). Has anyone bought these and used them in the rain? Do they get slick underfoot or shift around in the footwell?

I was thinking of ordering either a set of the rubber mats, or some regular carpet "ultimats" to get me through the rainy season.
I bought a set of Lloyds rubber mats for my C5 Corvette. Good fit, and I never had trouble with them.

My other toys have never seen rain.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought a set of rubber Lloyd mats for my Ferrari 330 GT. That car never sees rain/snow, but it has original carpets in great condition and wanted to protect them, so I bought the Lloyd mats in clear. On the plus side, the mats are of high quality and will hold dirt and water. On the down side -- and I would have never noticed this if I didn't order clear -- they seem to trap moisture under the mats -- a day later there was mist under the carpets just from sitting there. I aired them out and tried again and the same thing happened. I think the problem is that the mats don't breathe. If this were a newer car, I probably wouldn't be as concerned, but I took them immediately out and haven't used since. Maybe they would work fine in winter when there's less humidity in the air. The other thing about the Lloyd is that there was initially a very heavy plastic smell, it mostly went away after I left them outside in the sun for several days.

I am not trying to trash the Lloyd's because I think they are high quality -- and maybe this humidity trapping occurs in all rubber mats -- but if I had to do over again I would go with regular carpet that breathes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts