Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the continuing alarm issue, ugh, I tried Scottishlad's suggestion (thanks...it worked!!) and turned the battery off for awhile. I turned it back on, heard a beep (first ever) and when I opened the door the alarm went off. Lights, siren, everything! I thought my problems were solved! Until I pushed the button on my key and nothing happened. Fortunately the alarm stopped going off after a minute or two and I drove the car home. I hoped that my second key (valet) would work but alas it wasn't meant to be. The great news is that my alarm works! The bad news is that it appears I'll need to get both keys reprogrammed. The worst news though is now the alarm goes off every time the door is opened. Is there anyway to um, disable, the alarm again (geez) until I make the trip to San Antonio? Any input or insight is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I looked at the fuses and there is a fuse in position F21 that is designated "alarm system, preset for satellite alarm". Do you think pulling this fuse will disable the alarm until I can make it to San Antonio? Any possible negative consequenses to pulling it? It looks like the CODE system fuse is in position 23 so I'd hope this wouldn't impact that system. I'll need to go to SA on a Saturday and unfortunately they won't have a tech there on a Saturday until the 14th.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pulling the fuse just made her angry. Apparently the alarm has a battery back up contained in the control unit. Short of pulling the unit are their any other options?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

As I told you in a previous post, I had exactly the same issue as you and the same effect after the battery reset. but the keys can't be reprogrammed, you need at least one functionnal key fob.
You'll need to change all the system (Alarm, Immobilizer, Injection ECU and locks).....good luck !

Louis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts