Maserati Forum banner
21 - 40 of 91 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
I would get me a set of such:
Font Rectangle Logo Illustration Poster

No scratches in paint or other damage. And very useful for work on the interior.

Reactions: DSGT

· Premium Member
480 Posts
I still find it incredible that neither one of the covers will budge. Inexplicable . ( lol, no the PO didn’t glue anything , I talked to him yesterday ..he’s a very good friend of mine ). My hesitation to sticking a knife blade in there to pry them away is not about scratching the paint next to the seals ( I can protect that with some cardboard ) as much as it is damaging the seals or cracking that plastic cover ..and then I have to order new ones and wait for them ..not that we’re about to see any rain around here where moisture can get into the lights / contacts and cause even more problems.. Eh, I’ll wait for the new lights to arrive and then use a hammer an chisel 🤪. This has to take the spot for the most bizarre trouble with what has to be the simplest thing to do on this car ..two friggin’ screws are the only thing holding that thing in place ! 🙄😠
Dan, let's face the reality, I would look for a new Granturismo, I think by the time you are done with it it will be broken beyond repair.

· Registered
4,635 Posts
I still find it incredible that neither one of the covers will budge. Inexplicable . ( lol, no the PO didn’t glue anything , I talked to him yesterday ..he’s a very good friend of mine ). My hesitation to sticking a knife blade in there to pry them away is not about scratching the paint next to the seals ( I can protect that with some cardboard ) as much as it is damaging the seals or cracking that plastic cover ..and then I have to order new ones and wait for them ..not that we’re about to see any rain around here where moisture can get into the lights / contacts and cause even more problems.. Eh, I’ll wait for the new lights to arrive and then use a hammer an chisel 🤪. This has to take the spot for the most bizarre trouble with what has to be the simplest thing to do on this car ..two friggin’ screws are the only thing holding that thing in place ! 🙄😠
Add some of these to your collection, perfect for jobs like this.
Finger Thumb Nail Material property Art

Reactions: DSGT

· Registered
39 Posts
Checked ALL lights this morning and at all settings ; parking lights, turn signal lights, auto setting, headlights at low and high beams, the beads lights in the headlight assembly, brake lights, reverse lights etc. All working ; burned out or dim bulbs anywhere . However, the license plate lights are all out ( at every setting ). So it seems that’s what triggered the lights alert 🤔. And in typical Maserati electronics fashion that alert is no longer on ..😐. WTH ?
Oh … License plate light warning and bulb out can be can easily be broken wiring in the trunk driver side inside the flex housing strapped at the trunk hinge … If the broken wire(s) short to metal it will do a lot of damage to components like NCM .. run do not walk to have that checked out !!!

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
If you mean the wring behind the small trunk wall ( driver side ) cover plate, I removed that this morning, and to the naked eye, all insulation looks intact, there is no sign of any corrosion, etc. Not sure if that by itself is enough reassurance that there is no problem ( a short ) with that wiring, but that's the best I can do , visually, for now..

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ok, now I’m not a happy camper : ordered the lights ( from Hoen ) on August 18. I still have not received them, and although I did get a confirmation with an order number ( from 2checkout, the payment source they use ) there was no follow re the shipping .. no tracking number or even a mention it’s being sent . So I emailed them an inquiry, to which there hasn’t been a response for five days . Today I called the number they list for customer support ( called a few times. ). It gets a fast busy signal right away , indicative of a non working or discontinued number . Not that I care about $ 27 but it’s the principle of the matter , something seems off here ..

· Registered
4,635 Posts
Ok, now I’m not a happy camper : ordered the lights ( from Hoen ) on August 18. I still have not received them, and although I did get a confirmation with an order number ( from 2checkout, the payment source they use ) there was no follow re the shipping .. no tracking number or even a mention it’s being sent . So I emailed them an inquiry, to which there hasn’t been a response for five days . Today I called the number they list for customer support ( called a few times. ). It gets a fast busy signal right away , indicative of a non working or discontinued number . Not that I care about $ 27 but it’s the principle of the matter , something seems off here ..
Yeah, they used to be way better than that.... :unsure: If you don't get them soon, I'll send you a few, Dan.

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Ok, with the aid of a trim removal plastic tool I was able to pry the lights cover plates out of their spot. The bulbs look fine, the wire is intact, glass is very clear ( there no sign of a “burn“ anywhere ) . The other insulated wires and contacts to the bulbs also look to be in great shape, like new. Nonetheless, I took the bulbs out, sprayed some electrical cleaner on the contact points anyway and we’ll see what that does, if anything .. However, lights have been working fine since last week so we‘ll see how it goes ..

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
It’s baaaaack .. the license plate lights alert icon is on again ( after more than two months of being just fine ) and the lights themselves are out as well. I give up.. I’m not spending who knows how much $$$ for some shop to troubleshoot this issue for hours or days only to tell me after a trial and error marathon that they can’t find the problem.. :( So I’ll just live with the icon on, until it goes away again .. and it will .

7,950 Posts
Check it out and no disrespect Dan...You just can't just wave a magic wand over an issue like that...You a have body processor that controls the lights, all the wiring, the connectors, and the bulb sockets...It makes that warning based on voltage drop so any connections not good can cause that...You have connectors buried under trim panels and carpet and all kinds of shit to inspect and clean to start with and that just takes time and money...I get your point, but most shops don't want to deal with stuff like that in the least...I know I don't..Money wise that is a loser...J

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The good news is stuff like this generally gets worse and is easier to fix then...J
So…in which way does it get worse, which could make it easier to better identify where along all those circuits the problem is ? You mean something other than the license plate lights can be impacted by this eventually ? ( So far, every single one of these tail lights works perfectly, checked all those out a few times )

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The icon on the dashboard shows the light bulb alert, but right above it ( and just briefly ) when it first comes on, it specifically reads license plate lights .

21 - 40 of 91 Posts