Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Could somebody tell me what the average lifespan of 1/ Clutch and 2/ cambelt in GS w/ CC gearbox is?

Nearly finalizing my deal on the GS but I need to know these inevtable maintenance costs. For this prospect, checked that its clutch has still got 70% lifetime while it has a new cambelt, when should I replace all these if the GS is driven for 5,000km / year.

Many thanks,
DMC

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clutch is directly related to driving habits, i have 25k on my car and all looks well. i think i have read some people have gone to 30+ on it

cam belt?.. we don't have cam belts in our car man. we only have a drive/accessories belt (they last about 2 - 3 years), this engine is chain driven (Ala BMW) so no belts sorry:D

-willie
Many thanks willie! The salesman misled me then! BTW, what sorts of electronic problems occur in GS or Coupe usually? Can they be fixed easily?

Thanks!
DMC

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well,

keep in mind that Italian's are not the greatest electricians, but i haven't had any major problems. if you are getting a GS or coupe CC then the F1 pump is the main concern. the relay tends to die and as a result the F1 pump burns out.

some guy here replace the relay every year just to be on the safe side. the other thing is the car battery, it is really crappy and i would be a good idea to change it for a optima when it dies.

-willie
Thank you man. After struggling for almost a month, I ruled out the 997 and 360 and go for a GS this afternoon ... so excited!
Cheers,
DMC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.