Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
clutches

Per my records, my car had a clutch at 15,000 and is in the shop for another one now plus flywheel at 29,000 along with the 30000 mile service. At the rate I drive, I'll need another clutch in about 5 years! The service advisor says not to change the relay because "the F1 pump has a finite service life" irregardless of the relay failing so replacement is inevitable.

Also the heater core leaked onto some electronics forcing the airbag idiot light to short in the on position. Car is in the hospital now for about a week and the rental jeep is a pathetic substitute. I miss my Mas!

PS - servicing the Maserati is very very very expensive at the dealership. When the warranty is up, I'm looking for an independant for certain.

· Registered
104 Posts
its the mechanic who found the coolant leak from the heater/evaporator core itself. That leak peed on the electronics that lit the airbag idiot light. I got a coolant smell anytime the a/c on and the temp was anything other than max cold. just a few ticks toward the red dot from the blue would make the smell. I didn't smell it on max cold at all. I didn't make a connection between the two (smell and airbag light) at all, just mentioned both problems to the advisor. The entire dash has to be r&r to change the evap/heater core. don't even know if the part is in the US or has to come from overseas. I told him (the service advisor) it better not rattle when he's done! I was hoping to do some speakers and dynamat this weekend, but I don't think the car will be done by then. Also Maserati may not cover any more rental car days despite this being a warranty issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.