Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im up to 6500 miles and need to replace my rears, how is everybody else doing on there tires?

How much and what type of tire is everybody using???

I was thinking of this new Nitto Invo tire that just came out or should i just use the OEM Pirelli Rossos?

·
Registered
13 Posts
8000 miles on mine and the rears are almost gone. Not sure what I am doing next. Maybe the Michelin PS2. But the Pirelli's handle very well. No track days but some spirited canyon driving here in So. Cal. This is a GREAT car. Very fun and no problems. I also have a Stradale. Almost the perfect garage.

·
Registered
773 Posts
i burnt up

first set at rear lasted 4000 mi. wonder why, oh! heavy foot. ps2 last longer than other brand second set good for 8000 miles, i learned quickly when bill came in. at 17000 need another set.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have 10k miles on my Pilot Sports and amazingly they are doing fine. The previous owner did 4400 miles of dawdling though so no wear then. I've always gotten better wear out of Michelin rubber anyways, they tend to stand up to hard driving better.

Hey Duc what do you ride? I ride a Daytona 600 and a new Husky supermoto...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Here is my plan:

I am at almost 10,000 miles. Rears will need changing soon. I will replace them with OE spec tires (Mich PS), and then perhaps by the time I need a SECOND set of rears, the fronts will need replacing and I will switch the entire set to PZero.

I have PZero Rosso's on both of my wife's cars, and on one of my prior cars and do like them a lot.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I had the michelin PS on an AMG mercedes I had. I like the P Zero's better. I am not sure why. I think the P Zero is a better looking tire, which is probably why I like them better.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The PO put a new set of Goodrich g-force tires on. Wouldn't have been my first choice but I've been quite sirprised at the grip and wear I've been getting from them.

Have run Goodyear Gatorbacks on the Stealth - went through a pair of rears about every 10k - Switched to P-Zeros and ate up a set in 6 k, currently on Hankook Ventus and very satisfied so far. Bridgestone S0-2 on the Porsche - get about 15 k on a set.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i actually just put new tires on my coupe and i went with PS2 (MO) this tires are great, the level of grip that you get is incredible.

the "MO" is a special compound maid by Michelin for Mercedes Benz, this tires are used for the SLR and they are maid to grip (softer compound) and handle larger weight (harder side walls). (you will see the letters on the side of the tire)

i actually went up in size, 245/40/18 in the front, and 275/35/18 in the rear.

the car balance is great, i have no understeering what so ever and i also see that in fast acceleration the tires tend to hookup better that with the stock PS1.

in my experience, more rubber in the back makes the car jumps out from a fast slam on the gas, instead of spinning the wheel. i also feel that in power slides, the car is neutral and even reacts very predictable.

i have seen no rubbing on the tires and i actually went on the norcal event with really windy roads and i felt no rubbing, just a good overall initial turn-in response.

i recommend you fill them up with nitrogen, the car feels a little different, but the temperatures are really controlled.

-willie

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have the 2004 coupe and I squeezed about 18,000 miles out of them. But honestly I should have replaced them at 12,000. They were absolutely smooth on the back... zero tread.

I also upgraded from the michelin PS to PS2.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The PS2 tires have a completely different tread pattern. Have you checked the insides of your front tires.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Squid, 'Sorry for the delay but at am in Italy. Villa D'este at Lake Como.
Several Ducati's but the one I ride the most is a 996S. Also have a 998R, Mh900e, and am about to trade a 900SS for an ST3S. All very fun. Going up to Laguna for the Moto GP in July.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts