Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my wife has landed a new job so we no longer will be commuting together. Thus, the Maser must go as my commute and hers are in Chicago city traffic. I hate to do it but must. So, any suggestions as to what I should buy as a replacement? I love the speed and exclusivity of the Maser and would like to duplicate it with something that can handle the stop and go of the city. I was considering an M5, but 10mpg with gas at 3.70+ in the city is looking rough.
As for the Maser, it is an 05 grigio touring coupe, skyhook, black leather interior with Gransport seats and Gransport wheels....optioned from the factory. The car is loaded, right down to the crazy leather pockets in the rear seats and the passenger aluminum kick plate, only option missing is the NAV. Any interest or suggestions.... Also wondering what you guys think the trade in value is versus the private sale.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Try your hardest to keep the Maser... The effects of stop and go dont damage the clutch an insane amount... maybe a few thousand miles at the most...

Youll probably save money keeping the car, not getting hit with the loss of selling, etc.

·
Registered
211 Posts
what's the milage?

how many miles on your car? how is the service?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea but

I would love to keep it as a few have suggested, but this is Chicago...the Maser just can't handle the snow, of which we have had tons this year. I know, get a shitty car for the winter....I just can't seem to bring myself to drive a crap car and garage storage would be impossible. The car has 5800 miles on it and has been serviced at Cauley in Michigan and Continental in Chicago. Had the 6000 done couple months ago....

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Lamborghini?

AWD haha!

In all seriousnes... get the everycar (at least here in LA)... Porsche.

Pretty good MPG, powerful, a tad sexy (like a frog)...

And the 4 series has AWD... very good AWD too...

The turbo would be the best choice :]

·
Registered
211 Posts
get the most bang for your buck

go with a BMW. You'll be pleasntly surprised. Excellent daily driver, great warrenty, and all the gadgets you will ever need. WINTER PKG Is a must!! as with all rear-wheel drives

And if you really want to stand out of the crowd, get a Smart CAR ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
also..

not sure what year your maser is, or weather its a GS?

But based on your milage and the condition of the car, I would say anywhere
between 70-79K

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Hello!

perfect driving scenario for the new GT!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish

I wish that splurging on the new maser was in my budget, but it is not. I thought about it, but the wifes new job doesn't pay that well!! As for my Maser, it is an 05 and is a coupe

·
Registered
103 Posts
Lamborghini?

AWD haha!

In all seriousnes... get the everycar (at least here in LA)... Porsche.

Pretty good MPG, powerful, a tad sexy (like a frog)...

And the 4 series has AWD... very good AWD too...

The turbo would be the best choice :]
I like the first suggestion: an AWD Lambo. Get an LM002. :D

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Well, my wife has landed a new job so we no longer will be commuting together. Thus, the Maser must go as my commute and hers are in Chicago city traffic. I hate to do it but must. So, any suggestions as to what I should buy as a replacement? I love the speed and exclusivity of the Maser and would like to duplicate it with something that can handle the stop and go of the city. I was considering an M5, but 10mpg with gas at 3.70+ in the city is looking rough.
As for the Maser, it is an 05 grigio touring coupe, skyhook, black leather interior with Gransport seats and Gransport wheels....optioned from the factory. The car is loaded, right down to the crazy leather pockets in the rear seats and the passenger aluminum kick plate, only option missing is the NAV. Any interest or suggestions.... Also wondering what you guys think the trade in value is versus the private sale.
I like the idea of keeping the Maser and getting a Subaru STI or other performance "beater" for a commuter car. Alternatively, I'd take a serious look at the new M3.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I drive an X5 in winter and commute situations it gets the job done with decent milage, seating for five plenty of space and if you get an older 4.6is or 4.8is you will find it a decently powerful commute vehicle that will run a long time...you should be able to pick up a CPO from a bimmer dealer with the 10yr 100k extended as well which covers just about everything that you may have an issue with on the truck.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I second the S5 Audi. We have an S4 Cab and love it. Like driving a slot car.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey IDefendU, I'm in Naperville and have an '02 Grigio Coupe. I've been thinking about getting something newer this spring, maybe we can work a deal with Continental to take my car and I'll take yours plus the difference :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts