Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Maserati Spyder Cambio Cosa
Level light came on so I went to the dealer.
They told me the throw out bearing was leaking.
Solution pull the transmission and replace all the parts.
I went for a second opinion to Mark Duglas Motorworks in Mission Viejo in CA.
Fhe found a leak on the hydraulic return/ bleeder line.
Tightened the nut, topped up the fluid and the light went off.
He never even charged me it was so simple.
Dealer wanted $6400 for a clutch overhaul.
Go figure

·
Registered
448 Posts
Come in spinner. Never go back to that dealer, they probably would tighten the same nut and still charge you the $6400.
What a crook.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Come in spinner. Never go back to that dealer, they probably would tighten the same nut and still charge you the $6400.
What a crook.
I think this was a thread from last year. Looks like no one responded to it before. Maybe because it's such a common thing.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think this was a thread from last year. Looks like no one responded to it before. Maybe because it's such a common thing.
Sorry you are right Craig ,dead and buried. One thing to bring up is I always ask,any mechanic, to keep all parts replaced for me to hold so I can see the wear or where it is broken.
I learnt to do this years ago when I had a classic 3.0 ltr CSI BMW. I used to do basics services at the Indy shop and majors at the BMW dealer. Took her in for major 50 k mile check over so the book was stamped. Got the bill (20yrs ago) it was $800+ I went through the work sheet and the service manager said " we had to replace all the rubber fuel line connectors on the injection rails etc as they were all cracked and perished." I said oh interesting do you have the old parts... No they went in the bin. I said funny because I had them all done 2 weeks earlier at a very reputable shop, called the mechanic and told him what had happened and handed the phone to the service manager. A few words were exchanged and Low and behold the $400 charge was taken off my bill... sorry we made a mistake.
Needless to say I never went there again.
The lesson, always ask for the old parts.:wink2:

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I've done this for my customers for years. Brake pads, rotors, tie rod ends, ball joints, etc, etc. Put them right in the trunk (obviously I lay down plastic and cover them.) I always hear, "what do I do with that", I shrug my shoulders and tell them, if you want, throw them away but never leave a shop without them. Then I teach them why. Sure I might be trustworthy but not everyone is. This is for an just about all things in life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts