Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, All:
The manual says this is an indication of low Cambiocorsa gearbox oil. Can any of you tell me how to top the gearbox off? The manual says it takes 75w/90 Rotra LSX. The manual also says I have to take it to the dealer to get it checked. Is that true?
Any help would be appreciated.

6,164 Posts
The warning is for the F1 fluid being low...Not the actual gearbox oil so forget the 75w/90..Do a search on here for checking F1 fluid and you should get some answers...Jason

·
Registered
364 Posts
And the key, here, is i) very careful cleanliness with fluid replenishment; and ii) determining why the level is low... leaky clutch throw-out bearing, leaky high pressure hydraulic hoses, leaky actuator, etc...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I took my OBDII and plugged it in. I got a P1602PD code. Anyone know what this code is? I know that the "PD" is a pending code. Is it the "LEVEL"? I did NOT clear the code, but the "LEVEL" light didn't come on, and a second code check showed no codes. In the past, I've had different warning lights come on and then disappear... Is that just part of the beast's personality?

6,164 Posts
You need to physically check the fluid level from underneath the car..OBD2 scanners for emission related issues and that is generally it...Jason

·
Registered
344 Posts
So I took my OBDII and plugged it in. I got a P1602PD code. Anyone know what this code is? I know that the "PD" is a pending code. Is it the "LEVEL"? I did NOT clear the code, but the "LEVEL" light didn't come on, and a second code check showed no codes. In the past, I've had different warning lights come on and then disappear... Is that just part of the beast's personality?
Strange unexplained warning lights or abnormal operation of electrical components could be a sign of a battery problem (even though the car will crank over fine). How old is your battery?

The personality of most modern cars is they are very sensitive to operating voltage, and start doing strange things when they are not happy.

6,164 Posts
I'm not sure I would call a 2004 car modern? Those cars were pretty simple when they were new compared to other 2004 cars, but always good to have a good battery if you have lights on the dash...I still would start by checking the fluid level in this case..The system can get weeps and not really show leaks on the ground, but lose fluid over a period of time...Jason

·
Registered
1 Posts
The manual says it takes 75w/90 Rotra LSX. The manual additionally says I need to take it to the vendor to have it looked at. Is that valid?

·
Registered
154 Posts
The manual says it takes 75w/90 Rotra LSX. The manual additionally says I need to take it to the vendor to have it looked at. Is that valid?
The vendor reference relates to needing diagnostic equipment to flush the system. If you're just topping of the reservoir though you don't. I know some here extract the oil from the reservoir and refill a number of times as an alternate method. Alternatively again, a Launch x431 has a bleed program that works nicely.

Regarding the oil, as above, 75W90LSX is for the actual gearbox. The F1 system is different and uses a different oil. Tutela CS speed is widely available, for reference:

6,164 Posts
Really making something really simple into something complicated...Put the car in the air and just check the F1 fluid...It's that simple...No 75-90 and no bleeding ..Jason

1 - 12 of 12 Posts