Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,
I’m new to the Forum. Let me introduce myself: my name is Marco, I’m Italian, I live in Michigan and I recently purchased a 2017 Maserati Levante. Michigan winter recommends snow tires, so I went out and I got winter tires, rims and tires pressure monitoring sensors (TPMS).
Got them installed, everything worked for a good 20 days and now, all of a sudden, the dashboard says “Tire pressure monitoring system failure” and I can’t read anymore the tires pressure.
The tire shop is helpless and tried to see if there was a way to get the car re-learning the pressure sensors (rather than just drive the car over 20mph for some miles/time.
Does anybody knows if there is a way to force the sensors re-learn (button somewhere or hidden dashboard menu)? That tire pressure warning is driving me nuts!

Thank you in advance to all of you!

5,383 Posts
It should automatically learn the sensors...TPMS sensors can get damaged during tire installation pretty easily...A tire shop should be able to walk around all 4 tires to see if they are functioning to start with a small scan tool..Start there...Jason

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Jason. The sensors are working, they are showing the pressures. The shop can read with their tool. The frequency is correct, 433Mhz.
The mystery is that the car read them at first, then not at all.
Is there any other re-learn procedure rather than just drive the car?

5,383 Posts
No, it may just have a fault in the system at this point.. If it worked for 20 days then it was working...You'll need a shop with the right software to be able to communicate with the module and check for error codes...sorry...Jason

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Jason for your time. I also took the car to the Maserati dealership.. 155$ to diagnose that the car has nothing.. :’(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They basically charged me 155$ and told me that most likely are the TPMS.. 800$ to change the 4 of them with the Maserati ones (I got mine on tirerack)

5,383 Posts
Yeah, that kinda sucks and sounds about right coming from the dealer...Maserati doesn't make TPMS sensors and the original ones not in Maserati Boxes are pretty easy to purchase online...What brand are the tire rack ones? Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts