Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2019 Maserati Ghibli S (after previously owning 2 other Maseratis: Ghibli S and QP). Thinking to replace it with a Levante SQ4.

To owners of Levantes: what are your reviews of this vehicle, what do you like, what don’t you like? Any complaints? Would you get another one?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 19 Levante S that I bought as a CPO. It is my wife’s daily driver. Had it about 4 months now and we both love it. I’m a “car” person and the wife is a “truck”person so it is a wonderful compromise.
Great driving feel, good handling, good brakes, and decent acceleration. It sounds great in sport mode; we stay in sport mode.
It’s the sportiest SUV I have ever owned, but it does have a smallish cargo capacity.
We are both surprised about how much positive attention the car gets. For an suv, people are interested in approaching and talking about it.
I highly recommend it. IMO, the only other car that compares is the cayenne, but ultimately (for me), the Maserati was full of character and more unique.
Be sure the s model is enough for you though. I am looking for a little more acceleration and am shopping used GTS’s or a new Modena S.
Terrible time to buy a car right now though...

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have a 19 Levante S that I bought as a CPO. It is my wife’s daily driver. Had it about 4 months now and we both love it. I’m a “car” person and the wife is a “truck”person so it is a wonderful compromise.
Great driving feel, good handling, good brakes, and decent acceleration. It sounds great in sport mode; we stay in sport mode.
It’s the sportiest SUV I have ever owned, but it does have a smallish cargo capacity.
We are both surprised about how much positive attention the car gets. For an suv, people are interested in approaching and talking about it.
I highly recommend it. IMO, the only other car that compares is the cayenne, but ultimately (for me), the Maserati was full of character and more unique.
Be sure the s model is enough for you though. I am looking for a little more acceleration and am shopping used GTS’s or a new Modena S.
Terrible time to buy a car right now though...

Hey before you think you've tapped out the acceleration, try Formula Dynamics ECU/ECM tune. I just got mine back... it's insane! you feel every single horse of the 80-90 they claim. Game changer for this car if you have the base model.

As far as my Levante experience goes... I've also owned a couple Quatroportes's and still own an '09 Gran Turismo. So obviously i love the brand :). I've also owned Porsche Cayenne , Jag F-Pace S and X5... MB trucks...etc. This by far is the best drive of the group. Handling and power (after my tune) is awesome. I love driving this car. air suspension is amazing.

The interior is very disappointing, zero frills. It pales in comparison to my wifes new X5 but you aren't buying this for the interior. I'm just surprised how boring it is. My Jag F Pace i'm coming from was far superior. Again, you aren't buying this for the interior trim level.

No regrets so far... i've had the car for a few months. I highly recommend the ECU tune... just got it. Will be posting a full review when i get some spare time!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your answers. Great to see that the Levante is as reliable as the Ghibli. I'm more of a sport sedan guy but my wife would like to change for s sporty SUV with a beautiful unique design. The new big Range Rover is fantastic but may be too big for her.

@nsaness: we also exclusively use the Ghibli S with the sport mode, we would do the same with a Levante (why have such a wonderful symphony and added performances if not to use them at all times?).

@SilverCi: I saw the interior last year, it was kind of nice inside. How much is the FD ECU/ECM? Is there really a very significant change in performances if one has the SQ4?

Reactions: nsaness

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thank you for your answers. Great to see that the Levante is as reliable as the Ghibli. I'm more of a sport sedan guy but my wife would like to change for s sporty SUV with a beautiful unique design. The new big Range Rover is fantastic but may be too big for her.

@nsaness: we also exclusively use the Ghibli S with the sport mode, we would do the same with a Levante (why have such a wonderful symphony and added performances if not to use them at all times?).

@SilverCi: I saw the interior last year, it was kind of nice inside. How much is the FD ECU/ECM? Is there really a very significant change in performances if one has the SQ4?
I also prefer a quick-ish sedan for my daily. I must say, the Levante has me interested in the QP-T now. I never would have considered that before owning the Levante S.
I am also very grateful that Maserati decided to disable the autostop while in sport mode. I hate that feature on modern cars. Love that sport mode solves the problem.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am also very grateful that Maserati decided to disable the autostop while in sport mode. I hate that feature on modern cars. Love that sport mode solves the problem.
I totally agree. My wife too :)

We only use the sport mode: better sound, better performance. It always brings a smile to my face when my wife takes the car and immediately put the sport mode on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts