Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I have had my Levante for One year and so far the car have been back to the garage with total of over 20 software issues and 5 physical issues!
2 days ago my car was returned but I am yet to check it but I have some conflicting information I would like to check with other owners to see the comments.
My car from new has never driving correctly and I did mention to the garage when turning tightly there was a juddering. I was told this is just due to the care being big and the large tyres !
A few weeks ago I go a puncture and took the garage to check them out only to be told that they had worn to the metal. This is strange as I regally check my tyres and there was 3-4 mm good tread showing on the out side, but shore enough on the inside when shown it was to the wire.
The garage did ask if it had been driving funny as I must have noticed !

After speaking to the Maserati dealership I have conflicting stories. First that on a Maserati Levante I should only expect 7000 miles on the tyres. OK if its thats correct fair enough but I was also told by the mechanic who delivered the car that there was an issue that cannot be solved and when he visited the Italian factory he was told there are having loads of issues.
My problem is BS I dont like BS ok the 2 tyres costs £500+ that is not he issue here it is the fact they had worn un even and dangerously.
I am going to list the other issues when I have time but just wanted to see feedback on this one.
Comments please.

·
Registered
248 Posts
They are not lying.

The juddering is because of the tires being wide and not having enough grip when cold, and it't not uncommon for them to last less than 15k km. This is not a Maserati specific problem, it affect every manufacturer from Porsche to Mercedes, and it's how the tires are made nowadays - especially Pirellis.
What you really need is to get a wheel alignment to see if everything is in spec, it might alleviate some of the problems - like the uneven wear.

You should check the http://www.maseratilevanteforum.com/ they're probably more knowledgeable over there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ackerman angle scrub, wide tires, Pirelli tires, Lots of positive caster, Corvettes, Porsche, Mercedes, BMWs many do the same thing. Not an issue except it sound terrible, normal in this kind of car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree that the car needs an alignment for sure. Same problem with me with the inner front tires completely worn out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
engine failure on a 2017 Levante

mine is DEC 2107 10,400 miles

engine seized having driven fast and then tight cornering round an island, i am looking to see if anyone else has experienced this problem. I am told its likely to be an oil pump issue, and could be more common than you think.

I am really in trouble as i unfortunately elected to have it serviced by a mobile mechanic at 9,400 miles at 14 months old, i used the correct oil and filter, but regardless Maserati say i invalidated the warranty- cost is £24k for a new engine.

Nightmare!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I recollect reading owner's manual (US version) which recommends to do an oil change by Maserati tech. I don't remember it stating that it must be performed by a Maserati dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts