Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, going to pick up my mazzy tomorrow sight unseen and I’m wonder whether you’re supposed to let off the accelerator a little bit as the car is shifting or just keep your foot down? My boss swears you’re just supposed to keep your foot down? What’s the best way to prolong clutch life? I may be a broke lawyer but at least I’m now the proud owner of a Maserati. I should probably mention that the clutch, f1 pump, heater core, and shift knob have all been fixed in the last year at the local Ferrari dealership. The car does have 100 kms though. So that’s about 60 miles

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
It depends. Far more fun to keep it down, but you can make it smoother by lifting a little, but that can confuse the computers.

You'll get the knack of it :D

C

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have to agree with catmanv2, I have tried letting off the throttle when shifting gears, it seems to be ok for a little while then all of a sudden the clutch seems to be slow at re-engaging and slips a bit. I find just staying in sport mode around town is best and it sounds great too. I only take it out of sport mode on the freeway, as for auto mode it feels like it's really hard on the clutch i don't use it.
Have fun..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, the computer must look at the throttle position and decide how quickly to release the clutch, the more throttle and revs the quicker it changes. It knocks the revs off for a second as it changes up gears and it rev matches as you shift down gears.
You don't need to worry about the clutch you won't kill it before you figure it out.
There is a few things they say not to do and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
+1...You don't let off the gas in a F1 car when shifting gears...The engine computer and transmission computer are in communication with each other as to what is going on...You make things all goofy when you let off.. J

1 - 6 of 6 Posts