Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any more news (real spy pictures, motor details etc) besides the invitation MAserati has send out (attached)? Did anyone place orders? Any idea on price vs QP? They call it a preview so what would be the introduction date? Hope it has an updated 480hp drysump motor and further improved F1.....

Modena, 14/02/2007

Dear xxxx,

We are delighted to inform you that from the 8th to 18th March, Maserati will be attending the 77th Geneva International Motor Show, which is to be held at the Geneva Palaexpo.

In Geneva, Maserati will be proudly presenting in a world preview to press and public the latest "gem" from the House of the Trident: a genuine high-performance sports model, which combines technical innovation with unmistakable Maserati styling.

The Maserati stand will also be displaying the new Quattroporte Automatic, including the Executive GT model, and the Sport GT version of the Quattroporte Duoselect. The other thoroughbred in the Maserati family, the GranSport, will also be on display.

As on previous occasions, access to the Maserati stand (Hall 1, stand 1053) will be restricted to just our clients. We hope you will do us the honour of paying us a visit.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Then again they call the QP a "sports model".

I'm not holding my breath - in fact I won't be surprised if we haven't seen the last of the small Maserati sports cars and the Alfa 8C and rumored Ferrari "Dino" are where the coupe development went.

·
Registered
56 Posts
New Coupe

By coincidence, I visited 2 Maserati dealers last week. The sales manager of my local F-M dealer and the general manager of another F-M dealer in the next city have both apparently recently been to Italy for a meeting. Indepedendently, without prompting or my digging for info or attempting to corroborate their stories, both are quoted as having seen the new coupe.

Very stealth, top secret project. (Perhaps having Ferrari's private Fiorano track facility next door helps keep things under wraps a lot better?). No photos handed out, no photos permitted.

Comments to their sales staffs were that the Coupe will be slightly bigger, more muscular looking, with quite a bit more HP (easy to do by taking the F430 motor and putting some of the Ferrrari muscle back in). Price will be $130ish.

They expect the Coupe to be on the Maserati stand at the Geneva Show on March 8.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts