Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of installing the exhaust system from LeoNardo. Does anybody has any experience with this system. I am also want to buy the air filter from them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just completed the search for an exhaust. I have a lot of friends in the auto industry and strings pulled for me left and right. I wanted the Kressieg exhaust and was set to get a sweet deal on that, the Larini or Mille Miglia. After a friend of mine did a great deal of inside research with the manufactures, the result was that straight pipes were the best option for f1 sound and performance. The Kressieg system at $5400.00 retail is both straight pipe and stock style silencers with a push button cutout to change the sound. I defenitly did not want to ever go stock sound again. So my friend recommended an exotic fabricator to custom bend my system with equal bends at the bumper to make enough back pressure and stock pipe size. It sounds so sweet, I get people complimenting all the time.

I have G tech dyno charts I can send you if you are interested documenting the power gain. It was evident immediatly when my traction control light would flash all the way through second gear and sometimes third merging on the highway. I can get you a sound clip too.

I saved thousands and also have a system that is 60lbs lighter than stock AND the Kressieg. The money I saved will pay for the tuning I am going to buy to gain a few more ponies.

robb

http://www.eisenhaus.com/ehprice.php?selMake=11&selModel=4350&selSub=390&selPerf=1&selTip=1226#1.0#none.gif&Submit.x=46&Submit.y=10&Submit=Submit

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am sure the Tubi is a great system, especially since they are on the new Gransport! I hear a lot of guys add the center section pipes from www.larinisytems.com and get a GREAT sound with Tubi and add a bunch of power.

let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ok, I finally got around to some videos for sound of the exhaust. Both are with full cats, front resonator, but no back boxes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-8jevMmdIQ (slow takeoff)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRbDEJOXaJs (idle)

Yesterday I replaced the front resonator with pipes into the x for full cat back straight pipes. I love the sound, they are a bit loud :D , very F1 ish. Made more power on the gtech and lowered my 0-60 times too.
I don't have exterior video of this yet, but will post inside windows down asap.

let me know what you think

·
Registered
201 Posts
great!

Very nice sound indeed. Snarls great when you give it gas, but still a deep muscle car sound when idling. Perfectly tuned.

(Aside: If you search the forum for "Racing Exhaust System" you find clips of my Coupe which has racing headers but no cats, pre-cats or mufflers. In my case the deep sound is gone completely, it sounds like a real Texas chainsaw massacre.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts