Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to road hazard warranty replacement, my left rear tire tread depth measures 9/10 while right rear measures 10/10.

At a glance, the 1/10 delta seems small but does have an impact on overall tire circumference.

Question: Could this slight size difference reduce longevity of the trans / differential on my CambioCorsa?

Obvious concern is reduced life of the clutch packs that (I presume) reside therein.

Rgds...

- John

·
Registered
130 Posts
I seriously doubt that small a difference could do any harm. In fact, I suspect there are a lot of cars out there with a bigger circumference differential caused by uneven tire pressures or other factors.

If you put a tape measure around each tire, do you even see a noticeable difference?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I seriously doubt that small a difference could do any harm. In fact, I suspect there are a lot of cars out there with a bigger circumference differential caused by uneven tire pressures or other factors.

If you put a tape measure around each tire, do you even see a noticeable difference?
Actually, it could also have an effect on the MSP, leading to the traction control occasionally kicking in on turns when it shouldn't. If you're really concerned about it, you could get the tire shaved a bit. A race shop should be able to point you in the right direction. 1/10 of an inch is a bit too much for some vehicles, still inside the acceptable range for others. For peace of mind, it might be worth having it shaved (or replace the other tire).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts