Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My license plate light went out so I replaced it with what was supposed to be a direct replacement LED. The lights is definitely brighter now but my warning light on my dash screen did not go away. Is there something I need to do? Or is it because it's not sensing the right resistance or whatever? Is there another post I missed or list of appropriate replacement bulbs? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
31 Posts
you're on the right path about the resistance issue... don't have an answer, but I've heard that over the years. unfortunately I don't have the solution.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
My license plate light went out so I replaced it with what was supposed to be a direct replacement LED. The lights is definitely brighter now but my warning light on my dash screen did not go away. Is there something I need to do? Or is it because it's not sensing the right resistance or whatever? Is there another post I missed or list of appropriate replacement bulbs? Thanks in advance!
You can use a Festoon LED for the license plate with a slight mod. For those that want it bright, you can go as bright as you want, depending on which LED you like. I was running this LED for about a year, it was actually too bright for me. Worked perfectly though.

You can use any 36 or 39-ohm, 5 watt, 5% tolerance resistor. Amazon, or any 'Big Box' electronics store, even Walmart should have them. Get the ceramic cement surround style, they're flameproof and handle high heat. I got mine from Fry's Electronics, a store here in Atlanta. They're anywhere from $2 to $5, depending on how many you get in a package. All you need is one. You can wire it like it is shown in the picture, or jump it across the 2 wires that go to only one of the license plate lights, whichever is easiest for you. (I popped out one license plate light and soldered it in between the 2 wires for that light.)
Automotive lighting Product Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Running these at the moment, brighter than the OEM but not crazy bright like the LED Festoon's.
Hoen
click on license plate then select the C5W 36mm for European vehicles.
(code free, plug and play)
$20 for a pair but my order had about 7 or 8 bulbs in it though...very nice!

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
In the effort of *thoroughness, here are some pics of the Hoen license plate lights. Not crazy LED bright but brighter than OEM. No codes, have had them in for almost 2 years now.
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Light Car Vehicle registration plate
Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grille Automotive tail & brake light
Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Car
Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Grille Automotive design

·
Registered
220 Posts
Running these at the moment, brighter than the OEM but not crazy bright like the LED Festoon's.
Hoen
click on license plate then select the C5W 36mm for European vehicles.
(code free, plug and play)
$20 for a pair but my order had about 7 or 8 bulbs in it though...very nice!
Tim, why are you always making me spend my money?! You make it too easy to click away and buy more stuff!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts