Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a copy of a newsletter that I recieved from Maserati this morning. I have never gone for leasing cars so was wondering from those who do lease think of this deal.

Power
The Coupe embodies Maserati's tradition of power with a free breathing, high revving 4.2 liter front-mounted V8. Its 390 bhp and 333 lb-ft of torque are class leading figures. Optimal balance is attained through a rear mounted transaxle housing either a smooth stick shift or F1-like Cambiocorsa paddle shifting six speed. The Coupe accelerates from 0-60 mph in 4.8 seconds, through the quarter mile in 13 seconds, and reaches a top speed of 177 mph.

Performance
In its ability to attain, maintain, and reduce speed - to control movement - the Maserati Coupe defies superlatives. The Coupe's class-leading power, and its excellent power to weight ratio, help ensure dynamic superiority and peerless enjoyment for the driver and passengers. A counterpoint to the engine, Brembo brakes provide incredible stopping power. The available Cambiocorsa transmission offers the benefits of a manual shift with speed and control far beyond any torque-converter automatic. The continuously variable optional Skyhook suspension automatically optimizes itself based on conditions and driving style. With integrated ABS, EBD, ASR and MSP, the Coupe enhances your ability to straighten the curves.

Passion
For 90 years, reliability, design efficiency and high performance have been hallmarks of the Modenese car maker for which rare craftsmanship and unsurpassed excellence have been the passion. On these foundations Maserati has built an exemplary global track record, securing victory in virtually every major sports car race, including winning the 1957 Formula One World Championship. From then on, Maserati concentrated more fully on perfecting the Grand Touring sports car. The Coupe is the current manifestation of Maserati's incredible skill and experience. Styled by Italdesign, and tuned for performance at Maserati's state of the art facility in Modena, the Coupe again demonstrates the passion and capability of the Trident.

Premium
Like anything premium, the intrinsic value and desirability of a Maserati need no explanation. Those who genuinely appreciate the very best in performance, design, craftsmanship, and heritage yearn for a Maserati...or drive one already. Their membership package comes with rare sensory delights including fully stitched leather interior, stunningly beautiful carriage work, sculpted control gear, the unique sound and force of Maserati's V8, the hold of a Skyhook suspension, and the prescience of a transmission born from technology that rules Formula One. Styled by Italdesign and created at Maserati's state of the art facilities in Modena, the Coupe stands apart, in motion or at rest. The few who want nothing but the best, those who can experience a Maserati Coupe, are as rare and special as the cars themselves. You know who you are.

Available only at participating authorized Maserati dealers through May 3, 2004 through preferred lender. Delivery by May 3, 2004 required. Subject to availability from inventory. Required dealer contribution could affect price. Dealer prices will vary and affect customer cost. Payments will also vary based on length of lease and options selected. Payment shown based on a 48-month closed-end lease for a new 2004 model year Coup Cambiocorsa with skyhook, xenon headlights and select other premium options and a gross capitalized cost of $96,304. Cash due at signing includes $5,000 capitalized cost reduction, $1,100 refundable security deposit, $895 acquisition fee, and first months payment of $1,099*, lease not available in NY. Total of payments - $52,752. Purchase option at lease end for $48,610 plus purchase fee. Customer responsible for insurance, maintenance and repairs. .50/mile over 10,000 miles/year and a $300 disposition fee. See your participating Maserati dealer for details. *Title, taxes, registration and dealer fees are extra.
2004 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa

$ 1,099 First month payment
$ 5,000 Capital cost reduction
$ 1,100 Security deposit
$ 985 Acquisition fee
$ 8,094 Total cash due at signing

© 2004 Maserati North America, Inc.
b

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm planning on leasing. Usually I pay just under 50% of the value/sticker price over 3 years. Thats with 12,000 miles per year.

The quoted price is at about 55% of the sticker, but its for 4 years instead of three.

Im curious, when you were purchasing your car how was the general mood of the dealer: Were they flexible with negociating price, did you get the feeling that they were looking to move units, or were they playing the tight inventory game/you want the car you're going to have to pay the price or move on. I'm planning on heading down to the dealer in the next few weeks and suspect they are eager to move cars to establish a presence, but you never know.

My friend looked into a 911 about 4 years ago. The dealer was kind of arrogant. They pretty much told him the price and werent really looking to negociate. He bought a mercedes AMG instead. He did finally buy a porsche last year, after the lease on the AMG ended and porsche has also loosened up a bit with the attitude. They are easier to deal with now.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My last few cars were hot cars as I was buying as soon as they came out ( S2000, Boxster S, And M3) so best I could do was pay list, While I knew of some people that paid above. That's why I was kind of nervous at first when I was told I could get 10% off list of car and any options. And that was above getting a pretty good deal on my trade in. Part of me would have felt more comfortable if they told me they could not budge from list. Also I ordered and they had a couple cars there, You could probably do even better taking one right off the lot. The experience of buying from a Ferrari/Maserati dealer was great, None of the BS I seemed to encounter with my other cars. I do believe Maserati is really going the extra mile to make up for their past history here. Have read that Maserati knows their future depends on how their cars do here in the US. My feeling so far is they will do well as I am loving my car and from what I have been reading it seems the Quatroport is going to do very well here. In a year or so I think the discounts will stop and due to Maserati's very limited production you could even see premiums paid on them.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
How about the resale on the Maseratis? From what I've seen they take a pretty big hit.

I do hope they are successful this time around and lets hope this forum can give a good impression of the cars.

One user on Ferrari Forum has said that the sales of Maserati have not been good in his area so I'm not sure overall about the sales. If anyone knows this would be a great help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Andrew
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing