Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like my seal on the pass. side is leaking. See pic. Any chance this could have been caused by the dealer replacing my clutch? I know they need to slide back the trans, but do they pull the axles out too?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Most likely....

If it wasn't leaking before, well I would say you know who caused the problem. I would go back and force them to redo/re-check everything. This is why the dealerships have such a bad reputation in places.. This also why I am so happy I live in Denver, if not FoD, where I prefer to go, I have Dave Helms and I know neither one would do this kind of stuff..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went back to the dealer. They said that it could be a bad seal, but sometimes they leak when the fluid expands when hot.

To me that means that they overfilled it?

Still not very happy. :mad:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sounds like the normal response....

The question is whether or not it was leaking before you took it in.. Looks like they are saying yes...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it was not leaking before they did the work because Ricardo walked me through under the car during a visual inspection right after I bought it. I drove it 1600+ miles (FL to MN) before they looked at it too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.