Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
What I have learned at the Belle Macchine d'Italia concours at Skytop last week:
1. The Ferrari 308 is the iconic Ferrari for a certain age group.
2. The Ghibli is beautiful. The Daytona is stunning
3. Jaguars, Vipers and Corvettes are made in Italy. Alfa Romeos are not. There was not one Alfa, but there was one Jag. I think there was a Viper and there were Corvettes too. But no Alfas :-(
4. Folks were not revving their engines when driving off in spite of me urging them to do so. "it's still cold" one said. Yeh, so, just for once..... jeez
5. Lambos are too loud. Looks wise that is. Except for the old classic ones. They are beautiful.
6. To a 5 year old the arrival of a golf cart is as exciting as the arrival of a $300k supercar. "look, look, a golf cart!!!"

·
Registered
19 Posts
great...ITALY OWNS :D ( ok i'm italian he he )

btw i've seen some great cars in these pics...like the Maser MC12...:cool:

and of course a couple great 360 ( i own one ;) ) with a Challenge between them and a couple great lambos...i really love em...mostly recent models...

·
Registered
196 Posts
No sweat. My personal favourite is the cinquecento being hauled off. Brought back long repressed memories of being curled up in the back as a lengthy teenager in my aunt's car, wheezingly making our way over the German autobahn being overtaken left and right..... the MC12 was actually running but they quit just as I was done fiddling with my camera to set it on video. oh well.

·
Registered
517 Posts
the MC12 was actually running but they quit just as I was done fiddling with my camera to set it on video. oh well.
You should have went to Pocono Raceway on Sunday & Monday one of the MC 12s was running on the track all day.

Thanks for posting the pictures, from the photos it appears that you didn't make it till the end of the day. A lot of cars had already left or were over at Tech Inspection. Maserati Club Representatives have told me that we had over 40 Maseratis on the field including two MC 12s, two Birdcages, 4 Mistrals and a lot of Coupes, Spyders & Quattroportes.

Joe
BTW That was my Ghibli.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts