Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about doing a group buy on the Launch X431 PRO MINI. We can get it for about $450 with an order of 30 or more. Just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in getting one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MManzo, I was able to clear it on 05 QP5 M139, not sure what model you have. it should work for QP M139 and M156

·
Registered
20 Posts
what can it not do and what does it include? I was looking at the harbor freight $1k one (was going to test it out when they get one in) and others.
Quick look and found one for $659 and includes
Main Unit:
1pc x X431 Pro Mini
Connector:
1pc x DBScar III BT Connector
1pc x Benz-38
1pc x BMW-20
1pc x CHRYSLER-6
1pc x FIAT-3
1pc x GM/VAZ-12
1pc x HONDA-3
1pc x MITSUBISHI/HYUNDAI-12+16
1pc x NISSAN-14+16
1pc x TOYOTA-17
1pc x TOYOTA-22
Test Cable:
1pc x OBDII-16
1pc x OBDI Adaptor BOX switch wiring
1pc x CI_IPPER
Accessories:
1pc x X431 PIN envelope
1pc x X431 Pro Mini manual
1pc x X431 Pro Mini quick start
1pc x Clippers fuse 5’’20mm

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It comes with a whole bunch of connectors and adapters for different car manufacturers. But most car has OBD2, so the wireless (blue tooth) is most convenient.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I would like to purchase one of these but I'm reluctant due to what I've experienced with the knock off units in the past. Basically, I've found that the coverage holes are different with each model year car. Not particularly a big deal until you rely on it to program your NCR. I saw Ratarossa had good luck on his 360 using the X431. I have an Autel that gives very accurate reads and on my 2005 but has coverage holes on the 2002 and 2007 F1 cars.

Has anyone had experience on the 2005 with F1 parameter setting using the X431?

·
Registered
20 Posts
That is my concern too Erik. That is why I was waiting to try the harbor freight one before buying it. I looked at the Autel too but my friends that are mechanics are way out of state so I can't drive there to see it's limits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought there was a better one than this...odb2 scanner for memory
The OBD-Star will let you reset service lights on GT / QPV and QPVI / Levante
Other devices will let you read data from some of the other sub systems. The validity of those values is often called into question. Further trying to write those values can be, well, expensive

1 - 20 of 47 Posts