Maserati Forum banner

Launch X431 PRO MINI group buy

21K views 186 replies 26 participants last post by  jlobo941 
#1 ·
Trying to get a group buy together. We need a min of 30 to get the price of $450 plus shipping. I figure $500 max compared to Amazon $800.

#141 ·
Let's keep this thread bumped to the top until there is a resolution.

#145 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have his phone number, address, and names, numbers, and addresses of 8 or 9 of his relatives, friends, and business contacts in the same area. I'm going to give him until midnight Oct 1, to not only respond, but make progress on refunds.

Reactions: RJ237
#149 ·
There was nothing threatening about my post, I wanted him to know, that I know who and where he is. He stole thousands of dollars from us, the least we can do is go to where he lives and works to attempt to recover.

#150 ·
This whole thing seems a bit strange?

How many people actually gave him money, there is a lot less activity in this thread than I would've thought considering ~10 people gave him money?

It is also a bit strange that he gave out his actual number and address and then to disappear.

Plus he has seen the thread as he has signed on a few times, and had been a forum member for a while.

Anyway, best of luck to you. I'd probably start by calling the local police station if you have his address, and just report a theft and that you know the name and location of the person and getting them to interview him.

#151 ·
Where did he post or give out his actual phone number or address?

#157 ·
They'll always do more to protect the identity and comfort of the scammer, than the victims....

Does anyone live in Oregon, near Portland? PM me.

#156 ·
No, they will not get involved, and that is probably the correct decision from the legal/liability standpoint. You might want to PM jlobo941 as he claims to have the address and phone number for mdtran, and I think a link to the FBI, which will help in starting a investigation.

#159 ·
I tried several addresses as well with no response. The Paypal method of sending the funds may make this a bit difficult to recover. It was a known risk but I'd also like to either recover some funds or get the unit.

#162 ·
If you order a product through paypal you are protected. But in this case mdtran indicated that he could not access the funds until he shipped the X431 to us, and could not buy all those units out of pocket. So we had to simply transfer the funds to him, in which case they were not protected.

#164 ·
I smelled a rat when I tried to get him to use an online escrow company to manage the funds, but he was totally not interested. And I was willing to pay the escrow company’s fee, so it would cost him nothing!

Oh, and the specific model of the X431 he described buying doesn’t exist either.

#165 ·
#166 ·
I am not sure how to go about this, but I put in a case into the PayPal Resolution Center. Also I made a request (via Paypal) for a refund. At minimum, I want this person caught and brought to justice! I am exploring other avenues as well. Does we have any good info as to where this person is out of? jlobo941, please keep us posted as to what you hear. You seem to have the information.

#168 ·
All pm's have been answered. I was away on business, and do not have notifications set up.

Reactions: RJ237
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.