Maserati Forum banner

161 - 180 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
2005 4200 Cambiocorsa
63 Posts
I just read through this thread, this is absolutely crazy, it's really sad that scumbags like this guy exist. Just curious though if payment was sent via paypal why can't you guys simply file a claim a claim for non-receipt? Isn't that the whole point of paypal?

·
Registered
446 Posts
If you order a product through paypal you are protected. But in this case mdtran indicated that he could not access the funds until he shipped the X431 to us, and could not buy all those units out of pocket. So we had to simply transfer the funds to him, in which case they were not protected.

·
Registered
2005 4200 Cambiocorsa
63 Posts
Oh man, that sucks. Really sorry you guys got jacked like that. I really hope you guy's are able to nab that dirtbag.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I smelled a rat when I tried to get him to use an online escrow company to manage the funds, but he was totally not interested. And I was willing to pay the escrow company’s fee, so it would cost him nothing!

Oh, and the specific model of the X431 he described buying doesn’t exist either.

·
Registered
488 Posts
If this helps anyone in the future - the scanner I use is a Launch X431 Pro Mini; the ebay link below is of the same model. I do not know the seller and I've never bought from them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am not sure how to go about this, but I put in a case into the PayPal Resolution Center. Also I made a request (via Paypal) for a refund. At minimum, I want this person caught and brought to justice! I am exploring other avenues as well. Does we have any good info as to where this person is out of? jlobo941, please keep us posted as to what you hear. You seem to have the information.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I sent a PM to jlobo asking him to provide any information as to he identity and location of mdtran, but he has not responded.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I sent a PM to jlobo asking him to provide any information as to he identity and location of mdtran, but he has not responded.
All pm's have been answered. I was away on business, and do not have notifications set up.

Reactions: RJ237

·
Registered
565 Posts
Bump

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have his phone number, address, and names, numbers, and addresses of 8 or 9 of his relatives, friends, and business contacts in the same area. I'm going to give him until midnight Oct 1, to not only respond, but make progress on refunds.
It is Oct 1 almost Oct 2.....Let us know if you get any good info. Again, I am willing assist...

·
Registered
565 Posts
It is Oct 1 almost Oct 2.....Let us know if you get any good info. Again, I am willing assist...
Thanks, I'll let you know. There's a California address for him, which he provided to us in the early part of the buy, which isn't attached to him by any records I can find, but Google street view has a Cambiocorsa in front of the house, so I imagine the loser, piece of trash is living with a friend or relative. The names attached to the address don't match his, but are similarly.... ethnic.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I do not find that Cal address, do you know the date of the message?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Thanks, I'll let you know. There's a California address for him, which he provided to us in the early part of the buy, which isn't attached to him by any records I can find, but Google street view has a Cambiocorsa in front of the house, so I imagine the loser, piece of trash is living with a friend or relative. The names attached to the address don't match his, but are similarly.... ethnic.
His post history has him with a QP. PM me everything you've got on him. I'll see what I can find.

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Has anyone opened a case with law enforcement?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I filed with the FBI IC3, but unless all the members file I doubt they will pursue the case.

161 - 180 of 182 Posts