Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Launch X431 Pro for use with my 2004 Spyder CC and I’m delighted at the results that I’ve gotten. It has a wireless Bluetooth OBD-II interface and is easy to use. It not only spits out the error code but tells you what it means in specific Maserati-speak. It also generates a google search that you can use to find out inforation on what to do to fix the problem. I’ve used it to diagnose a bad RPM sensor that was making starting unreliable.

I bought mine on Amazon for $750US and consider it a good investment. If anyone has any questions about the unit they can PM me and I’ll do my best to answer.
Output device Gadget Communication Device Mobile device Font

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi , I I bought the same one and I am waiting for the delivery 788€ ( same price )
and I could ask you some questions 😀
the plug is like this for the Maserati V M139 rectangular the adapter will fit ?
That will work! I hope that you have the same positive experience with this unit that I have had. Happy driving!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a question: did they tell you you'd have to buy a subscription in 2 years, for $500/yr?

That's where I'm at with mine. Looking for a better option, haven't found one.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have a question: did they tell you you'd have to buy a subscription in 2 years, for $500/yr?

That's where I'm at with mine. Looking for a better option, haven't found one.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
The unit should still function with the existing modules downloaded prior to your subscription expiring. I've recently double checked this with Launch and they have confirmed the same. There are also options to continue a partial subscription for a limited number of modules:

Product Font Rectangle Material property Parallel

This was grabbed from the Launch website, whereas, pricing via the Launch software on my pad is approx. half that shown above. Across the board. Could be its more economic to renew an active subscription than a lapsed one.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Web page

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The unit should still function with the existing modules downloaded prior to your subscription expiring. I've recently double checked this with Launch and they have confirmed the same. There are also options to continue a partial subscription for a limited number of modules:

View attachment 144555

This was grabbed from the Launch website, whereas, pricing via the Launch software on my pad is approx. half that shown above. Across the board. Could be its more economic to renew an active subscription than a lapsed one.

View attachment 144556
This is what I found as well. Ive downloaded tye software for my other cars so I should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
P1602 isn't a big deal, just means you've had a flat battery or turned off the battery switch at some point.

The rest are all misfires. Could be anything from air leaks to bad coils. I'd probably look at air leaks first because it is generatlised across the whole engine.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
P1602 isn't a big deal, just means you've had a flat battery or turned off the battery switch at some point.

The rest are all misfires. Could be anything from air leaks to bad coils. I'd probably look at air leaks first because it is generatlised across the whole engine.
Lambertius ok ! can you explain me what to do

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Fuel trim is a parameter the ECU logs to show if it is adding or removing fuel to reach a target. A large change in the trim can indicate an air leak or a faulty injector.

The easiest way to start this is to inspect the engine bay and look at all the rubber parts for any obvious deterioration. A mechanic might use a smoke machine to observe air leaks or an oscilloscope to monitor injectors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I plan to get one of these soon, I was wondering if anyone has tried it on the airbag system? I haven't gotten to the airbag light problem but the switch seems like a common issue and so I'll need the computer the reset the code.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts