Maserati Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
7,138 Posts
I have replaced a clutch at 15K in a 4200 so it is hard to say...I just know you are not getting 80K out of one...Here is a good example about numbers and clutch wear...Ferrari 360...Numbers look ok, but car shifts back into neutral at stoplights sometimes...26K miles and from hilly ass San Francisco...We sell him new clutch...Take it apart and the clutch release bearing is toast...New clutch etc. and it is good to go...That is why I don't rely on all those numbers.. Jason

·
Registered
4200 MY2003
17 Posts
Urban legend create by dealer. This is raison of bad F1 reputation.
You can use 100%, and more, of your clutch.
This 100% correspond at minimun usable thickness, without manufacturer's safety margin.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
This 100% correspond at minimun usable thickness, without manufacturer's safety margin.
salut , ravi de voir un connaisseur , j'ai une question , comment trouver Maserati sur ce Launch PROS Mini V 3.0
je l'ai reçu aujourd'hui en neuf , @ M j'ai Mercedes ?
merci pour ton expertise .

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'd like to hear @[email protected] Enzo`s Atlanta weigh-in about his experience of when cars start to fault, based only on % of clutch used...

I also don't understand why, in an effort to use the full 5.6 mm of clutch lining (shared between a total of four (4) friction surfaces) a person could not input a fudged "NEW" clutch closed TOB position reading, and do a relearn of the correlation between clutch slave pressure and clutch TOB position... while STILL using the old clutch?

Now I realize that an unscrupulous person could then misrepresent his/her car in this way... but from my perspective if you buy an F1 transaxle car DO expect to renew the whole system right away; if you don't have to, it's "gravy". With this perspective, don't set yourself up for disappointment from the get-go...

·
Registered
4200 MY2003
17 Posts
I don't really understand why people are focused and are scared about clutch wear with robotized gearbox, and they don't have this fear with manual gearbox...
Parts are same, replacement cost is very similar. as lifetime.

I think manufacturer should haven't indicate wear percentage that scare people unnecessarily ;-)

·
Registered
4200 MY2003
17 Posts
....comment trouver Maserati sur ce Launch PROS Mini V 3.0
je l'ai reçu aujourd'hui en neuf , @ M j'ai Mercedes ?
merci pour ton expertise .
Maserati doit apparaitre dans la section Europe.
Si tu ne le vois pas, fais une mise à niveau pour faire apparaitre les marques qui ne seraient pas chargées.
Mais c'est étonnant que tu ne l'ai pas directement.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just pulled a reading from my car this afternoon, there are about 10000 miles on this new clutch, does this value seem right. Does it generally present as a negative percentage? What am I looking for? What's good, what's bad? Thanks!

View attachment 144496
Only just seen this post.
Recent readings for my 2005 (2006 model year) 4200 CC with my X431 were SCCCP 18.99, NCCP 18.39 and clutch wear (using Maserati 4200 module) = 8.13; which is optimistic due to the wrong devider being used as mentioned above.
However using the Ferrari 430 module and selecting CFC231 the correct devider is applied, giving 10,78.
My clutch was replaced at 71662 KMS and my above readings were taken at 79434 KMS, so that's 7772 KMS for 10.78% wear.= 1.38% per 1000KM.
Regarding your figures, there is no way your NCCP should be HIGHER than your SCCCP - that's what giving you a negative wear percentage.
Hope this helps,
Tony

7,138 Posts
I'd like to hear @[email protected] Enzo`s Atlanta weigh-in about his experience of when cars start to fault, based only on % of clutch used...

I also don't understand why, in an effort to use the full 5.6 mm of clutch lining (shared between a total of four (4) friction surfaces) a person could not input a fudged "NEW" clutch closed TOB position reading, and do a relearn of the correlation between clutch slave pressure and clutch TOB position... while STILL using the old clutch?

Now I realize that an unscrupulous person could then misrepresent his/her car in this way... but from my perspective if you buy an F1 transaxle car DO expect to renew the whole system right away; if you don't have to, it's "gravy". With this perspective, don't set yourself up for disappointment from the get-go...
That is what I was kinda saying..I'm not all hung up on the clutch wear #...I have seen too many cars with issues that show good numbers..You can hammer down on a F1 car with a clutch going out and smell it honestly....Jason

• Helpful
Reactions: Dirty Dog

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Maserati doit apparaitre dans la section Europe.
Si tu ne le vois pas, fais une mise à niveau pour faire apparaitre les marques qui ne seraient pas chargées.
Mais c'est étonnant que tu ne l'ai pas directement.
OK super j'ai fait la mise à jour et maintenant j'ai MASERATI V11.40
SOFTWARE INTRODUCTION
( je t'ai envoyé un MP )

·
Super Moderator
5,470 Posts
I don't really understand why people are focused and are scared about clutch wear with robotized gearbox, and they don't have this fear with manual gearbox...
Parts are same, replacement cost is very similar. as lifetime.

I think manufacturer should haven't indicate wear percentage that scare people unnecessarily ;-)
It's a very American attitude, frankly. Over the UK we just ask when the clutch was last changed. Still we have different roads and vehicle expectations over here ;)

C

·
Registered
110 Posts
Bought my GS in 2014 with a 75% worn clutch and it’s still running fine on the same clutch after a lot of hard driving.
Can smoke the rears up on a dry road, no clutch slip.
As above UK roads and a weekend car so minimal traffic/stop/start.
Replacing a clutch is the least of your worries on a nearly 20yr old mazzer 😎

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is your conundrum.. you either think the knock off software is correct or the dealer tech.with the factory tool didn't know what he was doing...I don't trust that software on CC cars at all...For the record..I can't stand the 3 pedal cars in Maserati or Ferrari cars...The F1 is the only way to go IMO...The people converting 430s etc. for 20K need drug testing...Jason
🤣

21 - 32 of 32 Posts