Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
7,158 Posts
I trust the dealer and not that wuhan software...People are getting these scan tools and digging into the numbers, but I don't get the point...What are you gonna do about it? If the car drives fine 99.9% of people are just gonna keep driving the thing...That is what I would do...The software most likely just has a flaw and the car has about 10% clutch wear...Jason

7,158 Posts
Here is your conundrum.. you either think the knock off software is correct or the dealer tech.with the factory tool didn't know what he was doing...I don't trust that software on CC cars at all...For the record..I can't stand the 3 pedal cars in Maserati or Ferrari cars...The F1 is the only way to go IMO...The people converting 430s etc. for 20K need drug testing...Jason

7,158 Posts
No, there isn't a way to do that...That is why I'm not all hung up on these values..They last about 30k and you need receipts ...Between scan tools spitting out wrong numbers and shops entering wrong data you are just kinda chasing your ass IMO...Part of owning a F1 car..Jason

Reactions: Catmanv2
7,158 Posts
I have replaced a clutch at 15K in a 4200 so it is hard to say...I just know you are not getting 80K out of one...Here is a good example about numbers and clutch wear...Ferrari 360...Numbers look ok, but car shifts back into neutral at stoplights sometimes...26K miles and from hilly ass San Francisco...We sell him new clutch...Take it apart and the clutch release bearing is toast...New clutch etc. and it is good to go...That is why I don't rely on all those numbers.. Jason

7,158 Posts
I'd like to hear @[email protected] Enzo`s Atlanta weigh-in about his experience of when cars start to fault, based only on % of clutch used...

I also don't understand why, in an effort to use the full 5.6 mm of clutch lining (shared between a total of four (4) friction surfaces) a person could not input a fudged "NEW" clutch closed TOB position reading, and do a relearn of the correlation between clutch slave pressure and clutch TOB position... while STILL using the old clutch?

Now I realize that an unscrupulous person could then misrepresent his/her car in this way... but from my perspective if you buy an F1 transaxle car DO expect to renew the whole system right away; if you don't have to, it's "gravy". With this perspective, don't set yourself up for disappointment from the get-go...
That is what I was kinda saying..I'm not all hung up on the clutch wear #...I have seen too many cars with issues that show good numbers..You can hammer down on a F1 car with a clutch going out and smell it honestly....Jason

• Helpful
Reactions: Dirty Dog
1 - 5 of 5 Posts