Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
No one likely would dispute that... and no one would dispute that a CC, DS, F1, or MC Shift system is a very complex system with zero tolerance for any one part having a fault. But a high performance 6MT, and generally the close-ratio one in the 4200 cars, has a fairly tough clutch push force and there's a fair amount of "monkey-motion" required to make the car go, and accelerate fast. This, it likely could be said, has no place in specifically the QP-V, and to varying degrees (albeit less-so, for sure) in the 4200 cars.

A properly operating F1 system, optimally set-up, operates very nicely.

I'm the first person to say I like a 6MT; I'm a dyed-in-the-wool manual transmission guy... but I really do like the F1 (et al) systems.
No doubt, and not meant to offend! I freely admit that I am Not Smart Enough to drive a CC.

@jlobo941 is a personal hero of mine, and has always been there whenever I have had an issue. I even bought the Launch on his sage advice. But...having the 6MT, I am absolutely of no help on this matter. And thought perhaps I could "tweak" my friend (having seen his post) and maybe get others to help him out by adding a post to the thread...!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Here is your conundrum.. you either think the knock off software is correct or the dealer tech.with the factory tool didn't know what he was doing...I don't trust that software on CC cars at all...For the record..I can't stand the 3 pedal cars in Maserati or Ferrari cars...The F1 is the only way to go IMO...The people converting 430s etc. for 20K need drug testing...Jason
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

1 - 3 of 3 Posts