Maserati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with programming the clutch with this particular scanner or know of where I can find info? Just replace the clutch with a rebuilt one. By rebuilt, I mean the facings on the clutch discs were refaced. Please comment, Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Tulit just posted a guide on using it here Setting PIS

I also have one, can confirm everything he says.

Where did you get the clutch redone - and let us know how it works out!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks lambertius. I have read and will try it. I will give update. What model is your car? The clutch was rebuilt by Clutches Unlimited.

·
Registered
187 Posts
07 Gransport.

There isn't much feedback on the aftermarket clutches, but a fair bit of negative speculation. The only review I found on one was negative, PEGA clutches.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't used Pega,but I have used rebuilt from independent shops before with success. I wasnt aware that you can get the new clutch packs separately for $1k. Not sure who offer them.

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
07 Gransport.

There isn't much feedback on the aftermarket clutches, but a fair bit of negative speculation. The only review I found on one was negative, PEGA clutches.
There's been plenty of attempts. After they tried, I don't recall one coming back and reporting anything, other than that PEGA one...

C

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read the write up "Setting Clutch PiS" by tuli. Excellent write up by the way. But unfortunately I realized that I have the earlier software version V10.50 instead of the V10.96 version which tuli was using in his write up. V10.50 version does not allow decimal entry for PIS so I'm out of luck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Do you have a legit copy of the software? If so you should be able to update it. If it’s a ripped off version you’re probably out of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's probably why you had no problem. Tulit did mention that I could update the software if it' legit. I need to confirm that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thinking about doing a group buy on the Launch X431 PRO MINI. We can get it for about $450 with an order of 30 or more. Just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in getting one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's probably why you had no problem. Tulit did mention that I could update the software if it' legit. I need to confirm that.
Just go to the main screen and there should be a Software Update option. If it’s a valid license it will list all the available updates and will download and install in a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks tulit, I'll look into it. Lamburtius, I hope that there would be more people wanting to work on their cars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts