Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Wednesday we were at our local Maserati / Alfa Romeo dealer, Bluegrass Motorsport in Louisville (who we highly recommend - great service and people) to drop off our Alfa Romeo Giulia for service when I noticed a Maserati in the back lot still in the shipping wrap. As I looked more closely (still from a distance) it looked like a Ganturismo shape. I asked the service rep if that was a new GT and he told me Bluegrass just bought what he believed was the last 10 GT Convertible MC's to come to the US. There was one Grigio and the rest are Rosso with varying packages. I took a few pics that I have attached. They were beautiful! CJ is the brand manager we work with if you want more information.

The two Rosso cars on the lifts were being prepped.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
992 Posts
Very cool!!!

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Cool. I just looked at their website and they have the cars listed at full MSRP. They're essentially 2 year old cars.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,582 Posts
Cool. I just looked at their website and they have the cars listed at full MSRP. They're essentially 2 year old cars.
Full MSRP.....yet, as soon as you drive it off the lot, it's immediately lost half its value. Lol.

Reactions: DSGT

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
596 Posts
Give it a few months into the new year and as they realize they'll be sitting on them for a few more months without dealer swap requests they might change their mind.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Give it a few months into the new year and as they realize they'll be sitting on them for a few more months without dealer swap requests they might change their mind.
Bluegrass has been advertising $12k off on all 2019 Maserati cars for a month or so. I would agree, a few months and the new cars will be even more of a discount. Apparently most of their business is internet sales outside of our area. We were once watching a Nissan GTR at a local dealership that had two "birthdays" at the dealership and they still wouldn't take a reasonable offer.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
You would have to be a fool to pay 6 figures for a new GT. These dealers are delusional. No car brand loses more money after the sale than Maserati's.

Already, 2 Maserati dealerships in my area went belly up. Not looking good.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
You would have to be a fool to pay 6 figures for a new GT. These dealers are delusional. No car brand loses more money after the sale than Maserati's.

Already, 2 Maserati dealerships in my area went belly up. Not looking good.
Agreed. The Maserati dealership in San Antonio went out of business over a year ago.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,773 Posts
You would have to be a fool to pay 6 figures for a new GT. These dealers are delusional.
But if you have no plans to ever resell the car, so its market value is irrelevant, I think "six figures" for a brand new one is not a bad deal, assuming it's in the low $ 100s .. So if you pay, let's say $ 120 K for that cabrio listed at a $ 180 K MSRP, particularly if it's a color combo you really like...why not ?!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
But if you have no plans to ever resell the car, so its market value is irrelevant, I think "six figures" for a brand new one is not a bad deal, assuming it's in the low $ 100s .. So if you pay, let's say $ 120 K for that cabrio listed at a $ 180 K MSRP, particularly if it's a color combo you really like...why not ?!
Dan, have you seriously met anyone who has ever kept a car all their life? I know I haven't, and I've been to car meets all around the country. Life is never predictable. Believe me, at some point, you WILL end up selling that car.

Trade-in values on used 2019 GT's are currently in the $70K range. So if you buy a "new" 2019 GT for $120K, you just lost $50K before you even drive it off the lot. I can understand being a car nut, but that is pure lunacy.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
For reference. I bought my 2016 GTS loaded (MSRP 156K) for 85K new in spring 2019. So that was 3 model years. This is 2 model years so I bet 115-125K takes them if a spring impulse purchase doesn't occur. Used one may list for 70's but a "New" one always carries some extra value.

Just joking, but how much value has your 2019 Aston lost??? I love them but thought their depreciation was worse than a maserati esp considering the starting price. Its interesting how end of an Era V8's are being gobbled up these days..

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
596 Posts
I see earlier vintage DB9 convertibles (2005-2007) selling for $38-44k on auction sites right now.

Even though the 2013-up MCs are still listing for high 50s and up, I don't see them selling. Mostly the pre-2012 models are selling for low 30s and even high 20s.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,773 Posts
If Wikipedia is reliable, 16,500 DB9s were produced vs. about 40,000 Granturismos . But when I was looking to buy ( I only focused on either a DB9 or a GT ) I remember seeing almost the reverse ratio of previously owned DB9s for sale as opposed to GTs for sale . But that was six years ago ....

·
Registered
158 Posts
The DB9 convertible reminds me of a Chrysler Sebring... you made the right choice, Dan

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,773 Posts
The DB9 convertible reminds me of a Chrysler Sebring... you made the right choice, Dan
Ha, I don‘t like convertibles but yes, definitely the right choice . I drove the DB9 quite a bit ( borrowed it from a friend for a about a week + ) but it failed to impress me anyway near as much as the GT does. And considering how many 1, or 2 or 3 + years old ones were available for sale I made an assumption that people were not satisfied with them for whatever reasons and switching to something else. I’m just surprised how many GTs one can find everywhere nowadays though ..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts