Maserati Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just ordered a Larini x-pipe from FD for my QP, which already has Tubi mufflers on. I will create a YouTube vid once it's installed. Maybe I'll even do a before (Tubi only) and after (Tubi + X-pipe + DBW + ECM).
Hey Steve,

I'd love to see your set-up. I'm in Mukilteo, not too far from you. I'm also a professional videographer, so if you'd like me to shoot a little high def footage of your car, we should tag up. The Larini and DBW are two upgrades I've been contemplating so seeing them on your car would be awesome.

·
Registered
296 Posts
...So I drove my CC Coupe today after having the Larini x-pipe installed and the stock Center Resonator removed; I previously had the Tubi boxes installed round back.

Well let me tell you boys. The sound is incredible!!!! I Love the low-pitched rumble of the Tubi mufflers by themselves, but the Center Resonator was very restricitive in terms of air-flow, and also had two glass-packs inside to tune the high frequencies down a bit. The Larini x-pipe is a more efficent pipe that scavenges exhaust much better, weighs less, and boosts HP about 9-10. But the killer thing is that removing that Resonator really opens up the enigne note! Now it is louder (25%), but no so much in the cabin since the resonator (a muffler) was right under the center console and produced a lot of noise in the cabin; the x-pipe just moves it back to the Tubi's. Basically, the Larini adds volume, air and a distinct higher note to the Tubi's full-bodied exhaust. The Tubi is still the Tubi, but there's just a fuller, higher note added to its sound. And the sound is more like a scream under accleration!! At idle, there is very little difference; under acceleration it raises quickly to a full-bodied roar, with that F1 sound on top--a full audio spectrum HOWL!!! There's also more popping and gurggling on down shifts; it is just a delight! The best thing I've done to the car since the FD springs, without a doubt.
I still prefer the TUBI exhaust to the Larini (too High Pithced, not enough boom-boom), but the combination of the Larini x-pipe and the Tubi exhaust boxes is just about magical.
Now, I warn you it is louder than just the Tubi or just the Larini for that matter, and if you are over 40 you may want to hear it before putting it on your car;) But for me it is just about right; what an engine like this should finally sound like! Call Jeff and get yours now! Remember where you heard it first--you will not be disappointed
WOW! I picked up my Spyder GT from the shop with the X-pipe added to the tubi exhaust. The sound really does put a smile on your face. I may have to push it out of the neighborhood in the morning but it will be worth it. Seat of the pants, didn't feel like any additional power, but who cares????:autofahrer:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
...Told ya!

The X pipe and Tubi are each so much less restrictive and better scavangers of exhaust gases that they each provided about 8-10 hp improvement in my car.
Enjoy!!

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Tom - sound's awesome! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sounds great. I already have the tubi on...now, I'll add the X pipes.

Also, just added the Drive by Wire Enhancement Module and the ECM Performance chip. What a difference!!!!!!!!!! The resonse and accelaration is unbelievable compared to before. BTW, maybe it's me but the exhaust sound diffrent - more aggressive!

Can't wait to add the X pipes

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have had the tubi cans on for a couple of years now and have been very happy with them. i only wished they would be a bit louder. finally got the larini x pipe and got it put on yesterday and all i can say is whhhooaaaa! not only does the car sound great, it also drives a lot better! there is a lot less back pressure and it revs more freely. while driving i feel like i am trying to find new musical notes to create a symphony!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Well my secondary cat on the drivers side is failing. Instead of $1800 to replace the one failing cat I am getting the Larini Silenced De-Cats. Should be here next week from Jeff at FD. Thanks for your help again Jeff. Need to install them on my buddies lift sometime next week. If its too loud with my X-Pipe and boxes I will get an H pipe and the X will be for sale. Sound clips to follow.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Are you ready for rumble!!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Thats what I am afraid of. My sound was perfect and now I am going to have to try and find the sweet spot again.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts