Maserati Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
648 Posts
Would love to take it off your hands, but unfortunately not able to pay anything close to what you're asking. :-(
Why not just have a muffler shop cut out the resonator section only, (and of course adding the short straight pieces in place of it) and leave the factory X pipe section there...?
Anyone ever do that instead of buying these ridiculously over priced replacements?

Reactions: Catmanv2

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Yup...for a couple hundred bucks...

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Yes, agreed...
Sorry MIapella, I didn't mean to discourage any of your prospective buyers, just letting people know there are other options...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Why not just have a muffler shop cut out the resonator section only, (and of course adding the short straight pieces in place of it) and leave the factory X pipe section there...?
Anyone ever do that instead of buying these ridiculously over priced replacements?
LOL! What you said is exactly how I feel, but I didn't want to offend anyone that actually purchased one of these.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
660 Posts
The issue I've seen at least in socal is that no muffler shop will agree to touch a Maserati or Porsche for that matter, to cut anything, for $200. Labor rates are $120/hr minimum. The other great thing about xpipes is that when you get sick of it, you can easily return the car to stock and get rid of the ragged xpipe sound.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
True that, having the "convenience" of being able to put back to stock.
These guys will do it from between $200-$250...I just called them...(SoCal) Top notch place, They have 3 locations I believe.
SPEEDWAY MUFFLER - 68 Photos & 95 Reviews - Auto Repair - 10459 8th St, Rancho Cucamonga, CA - Phone Number - Yelp
Thats awesome for you. When I lived in San Diego, none of the muffler shops would touch my 996TT when I wanted an exhaust installed, or my GT for an xpipe. Here in hawaii....ditto. But thats ok, I'll be returning to stock soon. I did the xpipe (urutu) for a couple years, but I think I had enough of the sound. Stock is better. xpipe is different but not better to my ear.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Cool cool.
I have not had the opportunity to experience first hand the the sound without the resonator...but I think it too, would not suite me either. Did it on my SL AMG...I bit too harsh for me.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Cool cool.
I have not had the opportunity to experience first hand the the sound without the resonator...but I think it too, would not suite me either. Did it on my SL AMG...I bit too harsh for me.
I used to ALWAYS modify my cars. The GT was the 1st one that I didnt molest in any way. So the Xpipe was a cool way to be a bit different (there are 4-5 GTs on my island). It adds a bit of raucus muscle-car sound. However, it does a have a faint whiff of "fart-can" to it. It's cool...but yeah, stock is better. Some people like wearing ripped jeans. thats cool.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
I hear ya brother...we're all different! (y)
"Fart-can" - LOL priceless :ROFLMAO:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts