Still waiting on
1) FD Sways
2) FD Springs
3) FD Spacers
4) Valence MC Victory Paddles
5) New set of tires, most likely Michelin Super Sports

Impressions:

-Car is a lot faster than before
-Much louder with exhaust/silenced decat. Just as loud if not louder than my 3.8 X51 Cayman with Capristo Headers/Race Cats/Exhaust
-Brakes are better with better pedal feel, i still think there might be some air in my lines. Shop is going to rebleed them, will update after
-With DBM, clutch engages much faster with less pedal travel, need to get used to throttle sensitivity, its very sensitive to inputs now
-Car still rolls around a lot, excited to see what springs/sways/lower ride height/new tires will do

Here are some vids I took:

-Startup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsJw8jVQVjw&feature=youtu.be

-Very wet, current tires are Continental DWS all seasons, not my tire of choice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgGa56BBP2Q&feature=channel

-Kevin

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Wow, You must be Jeff's new best friend.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I do like the sound, is that a little backfire from the de-cats? Mine has also second CAT delete and isn't this agressive as far as the way it sounds, maybe the recording has something to do with it. Overall I love the way your is, nice growl, just awesome. Congrats.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ive had the the MC here in California for few months now and I like the car a lot. But definitely dont love it.

Was wondering if there was some modifications you guys knew of that would give that extra push in performance to make the MC more enjoyable? Perhaps some tuning that will not void waranty?

Hopefully you guys are familiar and have some good advice. Thanks, Maddox

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes lots of nice crackle and popping on throttle lift off. Do you have the mufflers in addition to the silenced decats?

-Kevin

I do like the sound, is that a little backfire from the de-cats? Mine has also second CAT delete and isn't this agressive as far as the way it sounds, maybe the recording has something to do with it. Overall I love the way your is, nice growl, just awesome. Congrats.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great Video!!

Wow Teoh2005, that is loud - But that is the best film work of any Youtube clip on Maserati's I have seen. Although, when I put on the home theatre it got a little blurry at 11 feet wide image ;). The perspective is so good it makes you feel like you are there!

I wish others including more of the professionals would use this technique - used most often in rally driving clips - did you attach the camera(HD I presume to the rear window with a suction cup mount?) It is surprising that there is no vibration.

It is also very evident that the front end lifts on acceleration - I suppose this will be sorted with the new springs!

I will get delivery of my MCV within 2 weeks or so, and as it is bone stock, I look forward to messing around with the dynamics too get it just right!

DBW on order - then must drive, enjoy, do a critical evaluation and then all the other goodies must be arranged and installed...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts