Maserati Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok just got one key. i ordered another one from the dealer cut and ready to be programed. anyone in the Los Angeles area know where else i can get my spare prgramed other then the dealership.

·
Registered
431 Posts
key

I too have only one key. I would like to have another but costs £350 in UK plus half hour labour for programming. Sounds like BS. I'm sure there is a cheaper option on the bay. Can anyone chime in whether a used key can be reprogrammed and the blade can be changed?
TIA

·
Registered
722 Posts
I think it's the car that gets reprogrammed to electronically accept the key's code, not the other way around.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
There is no other way...

You can't get a key without a drivers license, the title or registration, and registering with MNA...

From there the key is cut for your car, and the car and key are programmed based on the planar id from the computer in your car which is kept by MNA.... Same as you register a license for your software on your server at work, all based on planar id..

There is no other way...

Your lucky you don't own an Enzo, or 599 as it's 1100 bucks...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I too have only one key. I would like to have another but costs £350 in UK plus half hour labour for programming. Sounds like BS. I'm sure there is a cheaper option on the bay. Can anyone chime in whether a used key can be reprogrammed and the blade can be changed?
TIA
Lancasters in Chelmsford did a second key for me. It was around £100 for the key - labour was added to the service invoice so I can't say how much that part of it was. I had to show my V5, driver's licence and the red card from the owner's manual.

As DeaneG said, the car was programmed to accept the new key.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
car is going to maserati of beverly hills tomorrow morning. i am preparing to get it handed to me. wish me luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts