Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked my coupe when I went on a long vacation and did the battery disconnect. When I returned, I discovered that none of the keys that I have open the trunk! I guess in the past I always used the button and never bothered with the key. Argh.

I examined the keys I have closely, and it appears that all of them, including the valet key, are cut with the same groove, although the non-valet keys have a chamfer along two edges that the valet key does not.

Also, the stamped number on them is all the same. Is it possible that the keys are cut wrong? Can someone look at their keys and let me know?

I'll call the dealer tomorrow, but does anyone know of a solution? I was thinking of backfeeding power through the fuse box, just to use the trunk button.

·
Registered
530 Posts
the trunk doesn't give any indication it's unlocked, no click or pop, the trunklid doesn't even move. try again turn the key hard then try lifting the lid...

·
Registered
530 Posts
it just barely turns, you have to turn it so hard you think it's going to snap off...

put it in the lock, turn as hard as you can then try to lift the trunklid

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You were correct

That did the trick. No sound, and no indication that the lid is unlatched, just lift up. Thank you.

·
Registered
530 Posts
weird isn't it! glad it worked for you - took me a multitude of calls to the dealer

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I had the same problem this morning and this was very helpful.

The key to it (lol) is to turn it so that you THINK the key is going to break.

It's a scary feeling but you have to really turn it.

Gene

1 - 7 of 7 Posts