Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my first maserati about 4 months ago....

It's an 06 quattroporte with 24k miles...

Love the car, went out of town for a few weeks, came back and battery was dead...jumped car and it was cueing me for a radio code.

I called the dealership (collection south florida) and they provided me the radio and cd changer codes...issue is neither of the codes worked, now it's stuck on the "keycode not valid " screen...it has been on this the last few days.

granted I havent driven car much (not my everyday driver)

how long should I expect for this screen to be on there? what should i do in order to find the correct code??

love the car, but not being able to use the radio/navi is becoming a bit irritating to say the least

any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

-AP

·
Registered
285 Posts
As soon as you put in the key code it should unlock.. But since it hasnt i would call the dealership back and tell them that the codes did not work.. If they cant help you and its not to inconvient you might need to drive to them so they can do it even though they should be able to help you over the phone ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
car was originally from the collection in south florida..these are the codes they have on file for the car,,

i live in atlanta...I called ferrari of atlanta and they said to bring it in hopefully it wont be too big of a hassle...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah and the screen has still not reset to the screen where you can enter the passcode...it still says "blocked for 20 minutes" it's been 5 days....

·
Registered
285 Posts
try disconnecting the battery ( in the trunk ) for a few minutes, and plug it back in.. Have you done that yet? What you are saying with the screen should not be happening...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Key Code

I had the same problem when I had the battery replaced.

Look in your Maserati books and find who originally sold the car when it was new. It should be stamped at the front of one of the Maserati books that came with your car. Then, call the service dept of that Maserati dealership and give them your last 5-8 digits of the VIN number. They can look it up in one minute and give the code to you over the phone, for free.

·
Registered
7 Posts
oh yeah and the screen has still not reset to the screen where you can enter the passcode...it still says "blocked for 20 minutes" it's been 5 days....
Has anybody resolved the problem of the "blocked for 20 minutes" screen staying on indefinitely? I've unplugged the battery for 30 minutes, but that didn't help. Can a dealer fix this issue, or is the NAV "permanently" locked out?

Thanks in advance for any help!

4,007 Posts
Try leaving the key in the accessory position to power up the nav/radio and leave it for a half hour.. Go back and try to enter the code after that...A lot of systems will lock you out after a few failed attempts to enter the correct code. Jason

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try leaving the key in the accessory position to power up the nav/radio and leave it for a half hour.. Go back and try to enter the code after that...A lot of systems will lock you out after a few failed attempts to enter the correct code. Jason
Thanks Jason, that worked! I guess when it says 20 minutes, it means 20 consecutive minutes while the unit is powered on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You are a genius! I was sooo frustrated by this for the last few days. I tried everything including unhooking the battery. I even called the guys who service. The car and they had no idea. Your solution worked!
Thx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts