Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the non-Americans probably prefer Kerry or don't even care. What about the Americans on the site?

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK at least one person reply. I know this is a Maserati site but we CAN talk about other things and I would like to build the community aspect of the site so lets post some more and hear your opinions beyond cars.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I am an ultra conservative, so it's Bush for me. I live in Massachusetts and have disliked kerry's liberal flip flopping style for many years. Sorry did not answer this sooner but did not notice thread. Would like to see some more political debate here. f-chat has been fun for me on that type of debate even forced me to finally subscribe there. On f-chat Bush kicks butt on all the polls posted there, Seems high end car owners are Republicans

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scott,

That is why I posted this. To get people more envolved in this site. I agree with you and I support Bush. Kerry, as you pointed out, flip-flops and his supporters are insane (certifiable, really).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello,

I used to be a Republican, then I started to make a lot of money and not having to worry about it anymore I began to value the intangibles. I realized that we all live in the same world so I started becoming more liberal. It's funny because I've saved so much with the Bush tax cuts yet I'll vote Democratic. Personally I value civil liberties and world peace too much to vote for Bush.

Not looking for an argument, just posting my position as requested.

Cheers,
Marc

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Marc,

I think it's great your sharing your opinion. This is an open community and everyone is entitled to express their opinion, thank you for sharing and contributing to the discussion. I'll follow suit.

I agree with you on many of your point. After being in Asia for 2 years I became a little more conservative. I don't think throwing money at problems solves them. Instead of wasting my tax dollar on social programs that do not work there is a need for stronger family/socail values IMO. The only thing that drives me nuts about some democratic leaders is I get the sense that they think my money belongs to them, WRONG. I don't get upset when I pay .50 to the dollar to these guys until the waste it. It is the method of spending that drives me nuts.

An example of taxes being wasted would be schools. It is a fact that many private schools spend less per student than a public school (high-school level) yet the private schools out perform the public school by a significant factor (don't remember the figures but it was an article in St. Louis's newspaper where my brother lives).

I think nation building and helping those in need is a wonderful thing, but some people just don't want to be helped. I see that daily where I live, there are those that I believe could work but don't want to, they just want a free handout. I could be wrong but this is my perception. A quick story: In Japan I knew of a person that would give their dog to a homeless person while on vacation in exchange for money. Why? Because the homeless person wanted to work but due to the slow 20 years of ression they can't find a job, and it is safe to do that. If you were to bring those people over here they'd instantly work hard at any job you gave them.

When it comes to environment I'm clearly green. With today's technology I see no reason why we cannot have better cars and cleaner air.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Andrew,

I agree about government waste. My kids go to private schools even though the publics schools here are pretty good. But that's my choice.

The environment is not-negotiable for me. I want my kids to have a clean planet. The current administration doesn't get high marks from me on in this regard.

Fiscally, and one of the reasons I used to be with the GOP, the dems traditionally have been big spenders. The problem now is that the Bush administration has an even worse spending record. Just look at the numbers. Record deficits, war costs, etc. Not to mention the great tax break I've recently enjoyed is going to have to be paid for eventually. Where's the old republican frugal spirit here?

The last issue I have is the willingness of our government to invade our privacy. I had my assets frozen a few months after 911 simply because I changed addresses. It freaked me out that this could happen. Took about a week to straighten it out but it left an inpression to say the least.

Take care,
Marc

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also agree about the environment and I wish the U.S. had more trains. I'd love to take a train to Yosimite or Tahoe etc for a weekend or even a day.

The BART train in the San Francisco bay area is good but could be improved but I don't think anyone will give up their car so we need cleaner burning cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
Andrew
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing