Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am currently leasing an 06 cc Coupe and love it but am wondering if I could keep it long term? I reckon it will become a classic of sorts, but what about availability of parts, service, or could the dealer continue to do service on a ten year old classic? Is it worth keeping forever, or too much expense and trouble than it would be worth? Thanks for your opinions. -Bob.

·
Registered
742 Posts
It depends on your feeling about the car and the numbers..

I bought an 04 Coupe and plan on keeping it for a while. After 18 months and 12,000 miles I have had nothing more than a rattle and seal issue with the drivers side window and a gear shifter that popped off, both of which the dealer fixed. I also found a great local guy for oil, filter and fluid changes. I just put a new set of Goodyear Eagle F1s on and she is purring....

These cars seem to depreciate very fast but are a blast to drive and easy on the eyes. A great bang for your buck!

A few future factors will determine how long I keep my car.

1st. Mechanical condition, I will have to get clutch job(s) and perhaps spend for an f1 pump someday. As long as no other major issues creep up I will be happy.

2nd. Exactly what the new coupe looks like and its price point. If the car is amazing and not over priced, I may wait a year or two and trade mine in for a used one. Maybe on the new coupe clutch and F1 pump issues have been resolved.

3rd. These cars off warranty are still beautiful low mileage Maseratis. I don't think I could part with my car, after its 5 or 6 years old for something in the $30,000 range... There is nothing remotely close out there at that price point.

After you own your car outright and you plan to keep it, figure and average of $4,000 each and every year on maintenance. Thats $333.00 a month and you are still driving a Maserati, (yes it is used and old), but its still very rare, probably in excellent condition and a blast to drive... To me it seems like a bargain...

CM

·
Registered
173 Posts
I will keep mine for a while as long as the cost to maintain it below $4000 a year. Mine is GT so it should be below that. These must be the lowest cost for exotic. Porche may have lower cost but most Porsche cannot counted as exotic and the one that counted(959,Carrera GT..etc) will definitely cost more to keep.

·
Registered
237 Posts
chris7469 said:
I bought an 04 Coupe and plan on keeping it for a while. After 18 months and 12,000 miles I have had nothing more than a rattle and seal issue with the drivers side window and a gear shifter that popped off, both of which the dealer fixed. I also found a great local guy for oil, filter and fluid changes. I just put a new set of Goodyear Eagle F1s on and she is purring....

These cars seem to depreciate very fast but are a blast to drive and easy on the eyes. A great bang for your buck!

A few future factors will determine how long I keep my car.

1st. Mechanical condition, I will have to get clutch job(s) and perhaps spend for an f1 pump someday. As long as no other major issues creep up I will be happy.

2nd. Exactly what the new coupe looks like and its price point. If the car is amazing and not over priced, I may wait a year or two and trade mine in for a used one. Maybe on the new coupe clutch and F1 pump issues have been resolved.

3rd. These cars off warranty are still beautiful low mileage Maseratis. I don't think I could part with my car, after its 5 or 6 years old for something in the $30,000 range... There is nothing remotely close out there at that price point.

After you own your car outright and you plan to keep it, figure and average of $4,000 each and every year on maintenance. Thats $333.00 a month and you are still driving a Maserati, (yes it is used and old), but its still very rare, probably in excellent condition and a blast to drive... To me it seems like a bargain...

CM

How fo you like the Goodyear's. I was tempted to put them on but the dealer talked me into the Michelin Pilot Sport2...which are great, whole new car now that those Pirelli crapsters are off there....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts