Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just test drove the Auto QP Executive.
I have been putting off my purchase of the QP because I would not decide on whether to get the DuoSelect or Auto.
I have already decided that I would like to get the Sport GT trim but auto or DuoSelect?
When driving the auto it was nice in Taipei traffic jams but felt sanitary and plain. The only Duo/CC I test drove was the Gransport version.
I was wondering if there is a big difference between the gransport and QP's feeling?
Also the Exec felt soft in normal settings. In sport settings it felt better but still not quite sporting. The rev stays higher in Sport settings and felt stronger and a touch more responsive.
I am trying secure a test drive in a DuoSelect QP. The dealer here does not have any as they will only sell autos! Duo's are special order!
What are your thoughts? Cannot decide but leaning to the DuoSelect.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i can tell you from the experience i have from my cars. the GS's CC is the "35% quicker" version, which does feel more crisp and precise compare to the 05 QP's DS. the DS is slightly more relaxed especially at low rpms. at high rpms there is not much difference.
the CC in the 90th spyder (which is essential the GS's) likes to blip more on downshift than the DS.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Also; the DS is different between the Sport GT and other QP's. The Sport GT DS is essentially the same in normal mode, but in Sport mode, it shifts about 35% quicker, which is very much like the GS. The SGT also blips the throttle a bit more on downshift, has noticeably stiffer suspension in sport mode, and has a little bit louder exhaust. It's going to be a lot more of a sports car than the exec auto you drove.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I own my second cc. I drove the new QP Automatic last week. First, it is an extremely comfortable, attractive and appealing sedan. It compares extremely well with the Mercedes S and BMW 7 series on those criteria. Obviously, it should, given the cost differential.

Is it worth the additional money? Well, it is very responsive and quick/fast for a sedan. The transmission is very aggressive, accentuating low end torque. My guess is they will retune the transmission software in the near future to reduce the aggressiveness. Yes, my impression is that the QP is more of a performance vehicle than its competitors. But, is it worth the additional money? Maybe. It goes back to one of the fundamental reasons you buy a Maserati. Because it is not a BMW, Mercedes, Cadillac or Jaguar. It is an Italian Stallion. If you want a great sedan, you can buy the others for less. If you want more....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts